What made my week so super, you ask???
1) Last Friday we took the girls to the local orchard. We had the playground to ourselves, and they had a blast running around. I even convinced Hubby to let me take them down the huge half-pipe slide (one at a time, in my lap). They loved it, and have been talking about the “bumpy slide” ever since!
2) On Thursday afternoon, I just needed to get out of the house. I decided to try my hand at sharing a snack with the girls in a restaurant – by myself – without the use of high chairs. They did great!!! They devoured a plate of nachos like perfect little ladies. (Oxymoron, much?)
3) On Friday, we went out for dinner to one of my very favorite restaurants, a shabby-chic café that serves the best homemade pizzas and uses mostly organic ingredients. The girls dove into a hummus appetizer like nobody’s business, ate a really fair share of our pizza, and topped the evening off with a bowl of fresh blueberries while sitting on the patio. I just love seeing my girls enjoying good food.
4) We were walking along a sidewalk by several store fronts. We passed a salon / spa and Baby A called out, “Topiary!” I had pointed out topiaries to the girls several times before…but who knew they were paying attention?!
5) Baby A has been doing the funniest thing when she’s being scolded. She puts her hand over her eyes, I guess trying to “hide”. It’s so darn cute, albeit a little maddening…but I so far have refrained from laughing.
6) Baby B has been cracking me up lately, too. I might say, “Are you silly?” And she’s consistently been responding, almost tearfully at times, “No! I’m [Baby B]!”
It’s always a super week in some form or fashion with my super-sweet baby girls!
If you haven't already done so, please enter my giveaway (open through July 7)!