1) The girls have been asking, “Where Mommy buy this?” about any- and everything lately. They even asked where I bought them. I at first joked that they came from the orchard, but then I started saying, “I didn’t buy you…you were a gift from God.”
We were buzzing through the grocery store this week, and the girls were at it…”Where Mommy buy this stroller? Where Mommy buy these shoes?” Amid my answers, Baby B all but yelled, “Mommy didn’t buy me. I’m a gift from God!”
2) As we walked around the mall on Sunday – trying to beat the heat but still clock a bit of exercise – it hit me that the girls had never been on an escalator. I talked to them about the escalator, reminding them of Corduroy’s big adventure in one of their current favorite books. They were giddy with excitement.
Baby B was actually the braver of the two, as Baby A insisted that I hold her going up the first time. The trip down was still a little shaky. By the time we hit the second escalator, though, both girls were raring to go. They would have ridden again and again and again…but we didn’t want to be *those* parents…HA! Still, the girls have continued to talk about riding the escalator, and it’s been the subject of many a pretend scenario this week.
3) I was taking Baby B upstairs for a diaper change. The cat cried as we walked past her. B said, “She said, ‘Meow! I need a hug!’” I love how she was “interpreting” for her furry sister.
4) We woke up to overcast skies on Thursday and slightly lower humidity. My first thought was to go to the park…but then I thought about going to the orchard instead. The girls got to taste their first fried pie, and they had a blast on the playground there. And one of the best parts for me? The ability to take an impromptu trip!
5) The girls have gotten pretty good at a Russian nursery rhyme I’ve been teaching them, at least getting the right number of syllables and some of the sounds. It’s so cute to hear them mumble through the cadence from start to finish.
And what did I do for ME this week???
It’s been quite a while since Hubby and I had a date night. We were able to schedule a “monitor sitter” on Thursday night to enjoy an awesome sushi dinner after the girlies were in bed. We feel so at home at that restaurant – one we used to frequent once a week. It was so nice and relaxing, and my taste buds were oh, so happy.