I know it won’t be so fun when Hubby has to make up those school days in the spring, but we enjoyed the surprise break…it was simply fabulous!
1) On Saturday morning before the snow rolled in, we ventured downtown to take in the Christmas decorations on the square. The girls wore their super-duper-fuzzy coats, and I captured this gem of my three favorite people:
2) Since the weather has gotten colder, we’ve been walking some days at the mall (and yes, I’m the youngest person there by oh, about 40 years!). We kept passing a display of super-duper-fuzzy blankets, and I told the girls that our cat Sasha would probably like one of those blankets for Christmas. Baby B made that her mission. For two weeks, she’s been saying, “Buy Sasha blanket…mall!” We finally fulfilled her wish this week, selecting the perfect present for the girls’ furry sister. And now if the girls can only keep the secret until the 25th…
3) Overheard: Baby A, talking very seriously to her stuffed dog, petting his head and saying, “It’s OK, puppy doggy. It’s OK.”
4) I was talking to Baby B as I gave her a bath. “You’re a pretty girl, and sissy is a pretty girl, and Sasha [our cat] is a pretty girl.” She said, “Mommy, pretty girl,” and I just melted. Then she said, “Daddy, pretty girl,” and I just cackled.
5) After I brush the girls’ teeth and wash their faces at night, I put some moisturizer on their faces. I’ve started putting some Aquafor on their lips, which for some reason they love. They both remind me of their “Wips!” and then they rub their little lips together like little ladies. I can hardly stand the cuteness.