We’ve enjoyed our second fabulous week of Daddy’s vacation, packed with lots of play and a few new adventures!
1) We spent an awesome Christmas as a family of four…just being together and enjoying all that that is.
2) The girls have cooked and baked and sautéed, mixed and mashed and stirred, sliced and diced and eaten all.week.long. They have been so entertained by their new kitchen, and so have we!
3) On Tuesday night, we took the girls to our favorite sushi restaurant. They’ve been there many times in the confines of their infant carriers, but this is the first time they’d eaten there. They loved it! They didn’t exactly have sushi, but they devoured a chicken and shrimp teriyaki dish. Mommy and Daddy got our fill of the good stuff, and it was so amazing to enjoy dinner together as a family of four.
4) On Wednesday, my friend Jenny invited us to help celebrate her twinnies’ birthday with a play date at an indoor play place. The girls had a blast, and it was so much fun to see them interact with other kiddos, and in a new environment. (And I showed restraint in only wet-wiping their hands in 10-minute intervals!)
5) On Thursday, in the midst of a jam-packed morning including haircuts and errands, we enjoyed a snack at Panera. The girls did great, sharing a cinnamon scone with Mommy. And for the second time in as many days, it was so cool to sit back and enjoy our little family in a restaurant setting. I just can’t get enough of my baby girls enjoying a bite to eat with us, just like big girls!
Next week...the turn of 2011 and the girls' second birthday (gulp!)!