What a fabulous week we’ve had!
1) The girls have added a couple of new phrases to their repertoire. Hearing them say, “Uh oh, feddigo [spaghettio]!” and “See lader, aldigador!” make me smile every time.
2) After we got home from our Thanksgiving tour, the girls kept asking about Granddaddy. I told them that Granddaddy went bye-bye…and then I explained that he lives in Alabama, and we live in Kentucky. Ask the girls where Granddaddy lives, and they say, “Aldibama.” “Where do we live?” “Tucky,” they respond. They can even say the name of our city (in baby-speak, of course).
3) In addition to our craft project on Tuesday, twice this week I gave them yogurt after supper – a huge treat! – and let them practice using spoons. The mess was actually minimal (hallelujah!), and I think they felt like such big girls.
4) I caught Baby B trying to diaper her baby doll. She had the doll on the couch, legs up in the air, using a washcloth-type teether for a “diaper”. She said, “Clean diaper…good!” and I had to laugh.
5) The girls got to see their first snowfall of the season on Thursday. As we left the grocery store, it was snowing hard, in big, white, powdery flakes. They were in awe, giggling like a couple of [pre]school girls…and so was I.
These baby girls never cease to amaze me.