Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

December 10, 2010

Fab 5 Friday

To Whom It May Concern:

Fabulous highlights from our week are as follows:

1) The girls are all about dance these days, and they love to be “baldi-rinas” (ballerinas). They walk around on their toes with their arms in a circle over their heads. Mommy doesn’t encourage that, or anything. :)

2) Baby A is beginning to say her ABCs really clearly, and with such gusto (with the minor exceptions of E, L, M, N, and O, which she always omits!).

3) On Saturday we travelled to a small town about 30 miles from here to have some family pictures made. I sat in the backseat, wedged between the girls’ car seats, to keep them company (and to ensure a good mood just prior to pictures!). We drove through some really rural areas, and the girls had a blast pointing out cows and horses. After we’d pass, they’d ask for “More!” If only I’d had my magic wand to make more appear on command…

4) I put the Christmas tree up this week, and I was so anxious to show it to the girls the next morning. I was a little disappointed at their lack of enthusiasm…they were much more interested in the cat, who was napping nearby. But it does warm my heart to see my baby girls’ adoration for their furry sister.

5) The girls have never ridden the carousel at the mall, but they L-O-V-E to stop and wave to the horses. One of the highlights of their week was seeing a girl riding a white “norsey” (as Baby A calls it). They waved to her, and she waved back…and they can’t quit talking about it.

Please contact me with any questions.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ahhh...ballet. Matt just informed us that Hailey needs to "dance at Kids Zone" b/c she had her little self pressed up against the glass when we left the gym the other day. We're going to do it and just ooze cuteness!

I love that story about the carousel!

reanbean said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see how your photos turned out. :o)

As for scenery while driving, I find that it can be very entertaining or cause major meltdowns. It Tiny claims that she's seen something interesting (a Santa Claus on someone's lawn, for example) and Buba didn't see it, he'll get very upset and demand that we turn back so he can enjoy seeing it too. I'm never sure whether to tell them when something cool is coming along (like a car transporter on the highway!), because it's such a catch 22. If they both see it, great! If not, big trouble.