Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

September 12, 2012

Revisiting the NICU

This Sunday we attended our fourth NICU reunion at the hospital where the girls were born. 

The first year, when the girls were 8 months old, I remember being so proud to show off my growing babes. 

To the nurses who taught me how to feed them, and burp them, and bathe them...who answered my every question with incredible patience and lack of judgment...who answered the phone at all hours of the night when I called to check on my babies...I wanted to say thank you.  And I wanted to show them I listened to their instructions, followed the "rules", and I had two healthy baby girls to prove it!

The subsequent reunions have been less emotional, but no less-anticipated.  It's always such a blessing to see the many amazing nurses who played such a vital part in the story of the girls' first couple of weeks.  We are truly forever grateful.

Every year I dress the girls and pile up on the couch for a milestone picture.  And of course I love to look back every year at how my sweet baby girls have grown.  (You know I'm a sucker for a good comparison picture!)

2009, 8 months old

2010, 20 months old

2011, 2 1/2 years old

2012, 3 1/2 years old
D'oh!  I just realized I got the girls out of order this year!  Of course I take what I can get...both girlies were smiling and looking in the general direction of the camera. 

I'm linking up with Cheryl at Twinfatuation for "Way Back When-esday"...I know she appreciates a good comparison picture as well as anyone!  :)

2 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I was just thinking, "hey, A and B are in the wrong positions" and then I read the last line.

:)

CUTE - all of you - through the years :)

Anonymous said...

Our boys NICU (I don't have twins - just two prems) doesn't have a reunion picnic. It is too bad as I would love the opportunity to reconnect with the Moms and Dads we met during our boy's NICU stays. Love the comparison pics.