Despite a little snot here and there, it's been a pretty super week overall!
1) Baby A has been really inventive during “quiet time” most days this week. One day she made the most amazing repeating pattern with her magnetic shapes…I was truly impressed! And one day she managed to build a block tower using every single block we have…it was taller than her head!
2) One morning I dressed the girls for school in “skinny” jeans. They’re just a bit long on the girls, and Baby A took it upon herself to roll her pants up a couple of times while I was dressing B. I couldn’t help but laugh at her throw-back to 1991 tight-rolled jeans. [And no, I did not let her go to school like that! HA!]
3) Baby B wasn’t feeling well one day, and I gave her some ibuprofen. I asked her later if she felt better, and she first tried to tell me, “My medicine soaked in.” I told her she probably meant that her medicine “kicked” in. “The medicine circulated through my body, right, Mommy?” I felt schooled.
4) And B was up a few times one night with a runny nose. I felt so bad for her, knowing she was uncomfortable, but I couldn’t help but smile at her manners. Every time she called for me, it was, “Mommy, please wipe my nose!” And then one time, maybe I was taking longer to get there than she thought I should, and she added in the most pitiful voice, “Mommy, please wipe my little nose!” HA!
5) The girls had a BLAST hosting Flat Stanley this week. They loved having him join them at the table for every meal…they made elaborate high chairs and beds for him using blocks…and they enjoyed showing him around town.
6) At the girls’ school, there is a miniature collie named Jack who “works” in the office. The girls L-O-V-E him. They love most all animals they see, but always from a distance. I was SO impressed this week when they agreed to pet Jack. That’s a huge milestone in our little world!
7) Over breakfast this morning, B said, “I wish every day could be Saturday and Sunday.” Why, Sweetie? I prompted. “So we could be home with Daddy.” Awwww.
8) Also over breakfast, B brought up English Premier League soccer. “Daddy, does Chelsea have a big game today?” After some discussion of Chelsea’s schedule and their opponents, A added, “Is Chelsea’s goal keeper Peter Czech?” Their daddy was so proud!
So thankful for the little things!