So much super-fabulous stuff for which to be thankful this week!
1) We’ve had quite a bit of unseasonably-warm weather lately, and we’ve been taking advantage of it. We made an impromptu trip to the park on New Year’s Eve, a different one than we usually go to. The girls were so brave playing on the new equipment, and they were really well-behaved, too. It gives me hope that…one day…I can attempt a park visit with them by myself. Here’s to 2012!
2) After our park time on New Year’s Eve, we took the girls to the first time to a Greek restaurant. They devoured the pita bread and tzatziki sauce, and they particularly loved the sauteed mushrooms. It was definitely a fun experience!
3) We’ve had a few occasions to run around in the side lawn this week, and the girls are beginning to get a very basic idea of playing tag. They SQUEAL with delight when you run at them…Baby A so much so one time that she let out a humongous SNORT!
4) On New Year’s Day, the girls helped me make pigs-in-a-blanket, and we had “knick-knacks” (appetizers) for lunch. They’ve been pretending to eat “knick-knacks” with their baby dolls all week.
5) We took the girls to the pediatrician on Monday for their three-year visit…and they didn’t cry!!! My babies were such big girls! To celebrate, we went to lunch at the girls’ restaurant of choice, a sit-down place downtown (which happens to be one of Mommy's favorite places, too!).
6) Daddy went back to work on Tuesday after a two-week holiday vacation. While we miss having him home, it was nice to get back to our routine…and the girls did a great job with the transition. (Some times in the past have been a bit challenging!)
7) The girls have been enjoying their MagnaDoodles they got for Christmas. They love to ask me to draw things for them, and then they’ll try to draw. Their favorite subject? “I’m drawing darkness,” which means they’re coloring everything in. I think it sounds poetic. HA!
8) Just this morning, the girls were cooking in their kitchen. I overheard them say, “Here’s some broccolini.” Broccoli? I asked. “No, broccolini.” Love.these.girlies.
9) Our beloved Miss Jennifer, who’s been coming to hang out with the girls one afternoon a week for the last year, is doing a study abroad this semester. (I’m still in denial!) I was so incredibly touched that she stopped by to see the girls the day before she was leaving. I knew she was super busy, and I expected her to stay 10 or 15 minutes. She spent over an hour, just hanging out and playing! It’s such an awesome feeling to know how much she really loves the girls…and they, her, of course.
10) And the quotes of the week? Baby A always points out the cardinal directions on the map. She was talking to her animals, and she explained, “Upstairs means north, and downtown means south.” Good try, Babe! And we had snow on and off on Monday. It took me a while to discern that “snow fairies” were what the girls were calling “snow flurries”. I kinda like their version!
And of course, the most important things…celebrating the girls’ THIRD BIRTHDAY, and a HEALTHY REPORT from the pediatrician!