Starting with an awesome family trip to the orchard on Saturday, fabulousness abounded this first week of fall!
1) On Monday, we met one of my former colleagues, whom we hadn’t seen in about a year, for lunch. The girls warmed up to her right away and they behaved really well. And it was so neat to see her in “grandma mode”, enjoying the time just as much as we did.
2) A friend of mine had given us a gift box of brownie mix for Christmas. Her intent was for the girls and me to make it together. I finally got brave on Tuesday! I pulled two chairs up to the counter, perched A on one and B on the other, and relinquished [some] control of the hand mixer. The girls had so much fun, and they were SO PROUD of their creation!
3) I took the girls for their flu shots on Thursday. I told them ahead of time what we were doing, and why, and I explained that it would hurt a little bit, but just for a second. (And I may have reminded them they’d get a sticker from the nurse afterwards.) I was SO PROUD of my girlies…they marched right in like big girls, and didn’t shed one tear!
4) I had to go to the downtown post office on Thursday afternoon. Afterwards I took the girls to the square to look at the fountain. They asked to sit on a bench, which we did, and I was shocked that they sat there for close to FIVE MINUTES! (That’s about four-and-a-half minutes longer than I expected!) They were pretty content to watch the cars going by and look at the squirrels running around, at least for a little bit. I’ll take it!
5) And the quote of the week? Baby A told me after dinner one night, “I will grow tall…and I will reach the ceiling…so I can change all the light bulbs!” I couldn’t help but laugh at her thought process…and I was so proud of her (silly) logic!
And what did I do for ME this week???
On Friday night, I met Aunt Karen for a late dinner. We'd seen each other several times, but it had been close to six weeks since we'd been able to sit back and relax and catch up...at one of my favorite downtown restaurants, to boot!
Aunt Shanda and I had been working all day on Monday to try to coordinate a shared Pumpkin Spice Latte. After my girlies were in bed, she made a Starbucks run, delivered said beverages to my house, and we sat on the patio and sipped contentedly.
On Tuesday night, I enjoyed a scrapbooking session with a few fellow twin mamas from my MoMs group.
And on an organizational note, thanks to an awesome coupon with a very short window of opportunity, I am caught up on picture editing and ordering through the week…which is pretty well unheard of…but I like it!!!
What made your week fabulous? And what did you do for you???