What made this week so fabulous, you ask?
1) We had a great trip to Sweet Home Alabama this weekend. This is the third year we’ve made the journey for Labor Day, so – in more ways than one – it just feels like “home”.
2) Thanks to the cooler weather this week, the girls and I have enjoyed several walks in the neighborhood. We’ve feasted on some fall-weather fare (a big pot of white bean and ham chowder, to be exact). And I’ve gotten to dress up my dollies in some new long-sleeve duds. There’s something so refreshing about the start of a new season!
3) Both girls have been saying, “I love you,” much more often, unprompted, lately. A couple of days ago, Baby A said to me as I was buckling her in her highchair, “I LOVE you! And you KNOW it!” Yes, I do, Baby Girl.
4) The girls have been having more two-way phone conversations, in reality, and in pretend. On her play phone, B said, “My name is [Baby B]. I have an appointment.” I don’t have cause for many appointments, so I can’t imagine how recently she heard me say that, but she sounded so GROWN!
5) And the quote of the week…Hubby was in the kitchen and burped audibly. From the den, Baby B said, “Excuse me, Daddy.” Daddy dutifully excused himself. B quickly followed, “Excuse YOU!” I guess she told him!
And what did I do for ME this week???
Tuesday was Pumpkin Spice Latte Day, the much-anticipated reintroduction of my beloved drink at Starbucks. I couldn’t make it happen in the morning hours, but I was able to steal away after the girls were in bed. I picked up two – for me and one of my besties – and dropped by her house to toast the arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte Season. Ahhhhhhhh!!!