Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

September 24, 2011

A Bit About Me, September Edition

My birthday is February 23rd. On the 23rd (or 24th!) of each month, I’ve taken to sharing a couple of random bits about me. So, for the month of September (and in honor of football season and the start of fall)…

25) I was a Bama Belle when I was in college, an athletic hostess for the football team.

For home games I would meet a football recruit and his family, show them around campus, accompany them to the game, and then to a post-game barbeque with the players and coaches. I loved it! Although I never handled any of the “big” recruits, I loved sharing my passion for The University of Alabama. For many of the guys, this was their first trip to campus, and it could be downright magical to see their awe upon entering the stadium and hearing the crowd.

26) I love S’mores.

I can eat them any time of the year, but there’s something about fall that evokes a certain “toasted marshmallow” kind of mood for me. I’m not particular about how my S’mores are constructed, either. Of course I’d love to be around a bonfire with some of my besties (holding a stainless steel skewer – I do draw the line at using sticks!), but a properly microwaved marshmallow will do in a pinch. And the upside of a microwaved-marshmallow S’more? The likelihood of a cold glass of milk being just steps away in the refrigerator. Yum!!!

That's me! More randomness to come in next month's installment!

Until then, ROLL TIDE, and Happy Fall, Y'all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) why am i not surprised you were a Bama Belle?

Julia said...

I love s'mores too! So, embarrassing story: when I was in grad school, the apartment I was living in had a gas stove. I would toast my marshmellows over the flame to perfection. One day, I was on my way to work (I worked as a hostess at a nice restaurant) and decided to toast a marshmallow before I headed out the door. And, to get the last bit of yummy 'mallow goo off the fork, I licked it--the fork was like a branding iron, since it had just been in the fire. Yeah, I had fork prongs etched into my tongue. Made speaking that night interesting (and painful!!)

I love bonfire s'mores too!!

championm2000 said...

Why do I have this sudden urge to watch football, build a fire, and make s'mores??

Renae said...

I can totally see you has a Bama Belle and loving every minute of it! :o)

I haven't had a s'more in ages, but I remember loving them as a kid. The best part was finding just the right stick! As for the marshmallow, toasted just wouldn't do. Mine favorites were the ones that were completely burnt black. Yum!

Andrea said...

You are such an outgoing person!! I wish I had a quarter of your outgoingness! Thanks for sharing!!

Olusola said...

My old boss used to play for Alabama and I had a colleague who was in Auburn and...well, let's just say some things aren't left behind in the school campuses

Unknown said...

Your true Bama pride makes more sense now!!!

And...Jacob just asked us tonight if we could make a fire and make S'mores! I wish i'd said yes but early bedtime was a priority tonight!! Maybe we'll do microwave s'mores tomorrow. I settle for those once in a while, too!