So thankful for another fabulous week!
1) We had an awesome family day on Saturday. We kicked off the day with a mid-morning snack at a new tea shop downtown (seriously, the perfect cup of tea!). Then we meandered around the square, where there was a small street festival. The girls enjoyed a puffet [puppet] show, and they danced for literally an hour to a little band playing 60’s and 70’s rock and roll. We hadn’t intended to stay so long…but the girls were having a blast. We ate an impromptu lunch downtown before coming home for a great nap. Win-win-win!
2) On Sunday we attended the annual NICU reunion at the hospital where the girls were born. It’s so wonderful every year to reconnect with the nurses that took such good care of our sweet babies. We are forever grateful.
3) Baby B has been trying to work the word “unfortunately” into conversation. She’s usually unsuccessful. For example, she said, “Unfortunately, this breakfast is very good.” HA! Maybe she gets an “A” for effort?
4) The girls both asked for focaccia bread by name one night for supper. I love it!
5) For whatever reason, I always say, “Num-num-num,” when I scratch our kitty under her chin. A few times this week, Baby A has come up to me, tickled under my chin, and said, “Num-num-num,” in the most loving way. Kinda crazy…but so sweet.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I can’t cite any real indulgences, but it’s still been a really good week...
• I baked pumpkin spice muffins one night, a new recipe I’d been wanting to try. I love to bake…it just makes me feel like “me”.
• I cleaned out my files (I have a ton of stuff for Hubby to shred [he volunteered!]), which also feels great.
• And I organized all my materials from our MoMs group from the past two years. It had been residing in a briefcase bag, and it feels much better to have it in a binder (with tabs!).
• Oh, and one small “indulgence”…although it’s probably better classified as a SCORE…I happened upon a pair of Capri pants at Target…on clearance…the perfect fit…for $5.48! Woo hoo!
Happy Friday! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!