Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

September 16, 2011

Fab 5 Friday...and ME!!!

So thankful for another fabulous week!

1) We had an awesome family day on Saturday. We kicked off the day with a mid-morning snack at a new tea shop downtown (seriously, the perfect cup of tea!). Then we meandered around the square, where there was a small street festival. The girls enjoyed a puffet [puppet] show, and they danced for literally an hour to a little band playing 60’s and 70’s rock and roll. We hadn’t intended to stay so long…but the girls were having a blast. We ate an impromptu lunch downtown before coming home for a great nap. Win-win-win!

2) On Sunday we attended the annual NICU reunion at the hospital where the girls were born. It’s so wonderful every year to reconnect with the nurses that took such good care of our sweet babies. We are forever grateful.

3) Baby B has been trying to work the word “unfortunately” into conversation. She’s usually unsuccessful. For example, she said, “Unfortunately, this breakfast is very good.” HA! Maybe she gets an “A” for effort?

4) The girls both asked for focaccia bread by name one night for supper. I love it!

5) For whatever reason, I always say, “Num-num-num,” when I scratch our kitty under her chin. A few times this week, Baby A has come up to me, tickled under my chin, and said, “Num-num-num,” in the most loving way. Kinda crazy…but so sweet.

And what did I do for ME this week???

I can’t cite any real indulgences, but it’s still been a really good week...

• I baked pumpkin spice muffins one night, a new recipe I’d been wanting to try. I love to bake…it just makes me feel like “me”.

• I cleaned out my files (I have a ton of stuff for Hubby to shred [he volunteered!]), which also feels great.

• And I organized all my materials from our MoMs group from the past two years. It had been residing in a briefcase bag, and it feels much better to have it in a binder (with tabs!).

• Oh, and one small “indulgence”…although it’s probably better classified as a SCORE…I happened upon a pair of Capri pants at Target…on clearance…the perfect fit…for $5.48! Woo hoo!

Photobucket

Happy Friday! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Beth said...

That is a 'fabulous' week!

I can not express how much I appreciate the nurses and doctors that cared for my babies in the NICU. Unless you have had to leave your newborn behind when you leave the hospital, you cannot understand how special these wonderful people are. I always knew my babies were in excellent hands!

I love listening to my guys figure out new words! So cute as they try them out in different contexts and exciting when they master them.

Now that fall weather is here I am so ready for some yummy pumpkin treats! I have a new pumpkin muffin recipe I've been dying to try, but out local grocery has been out of pumpkin for the last week. I guess everyone else is in the pumpkin mood as well!

Glad you had such a fun week, hope you guys have a great weekend as well!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Unfortunately, that does sound like a fabulous week :)

Please post your recipe with pics!

And the capris!

Miss Megan said...

Haha! I love the unfortunately! Definitely an A for effort =).
And great deal on the capri's - major score!
Sounds like a fabulous week! Hope the weekend is just as lovely =)

Unknown said...

Pumpkin spice muffins? yum!! If I don't do anything else this weekend - I MUST get a Pumpkin Spice Latte!! MUST!!

So cute that she said "unfortunately." Sarah threw in a random "apparently" in her conversation on the way home today. ha!

Andrea said...

That is why I love Target clearance!!! LOVE it when I happen upon deals like that! Always puts a smile on my face!! Fabulous week for your family indeed!!!

penguinsandladybugs said...

What a crazy good week! I love the family day, the num-num-num, the pumpkin, the shopping.....it all sounded absolutely fabulous!