1) A couple of nights this week, we’ve had family jam sessions after supper. Hubby and I take turns picking out a song from youtube, and we listen and dance…and we’ve even let the girls watch a couple of videos. They’re quite the groove masters, and I even got them to wave their arms in the air to “We Are the World”. Truly great family fun!
2) I had the girls do some “artwork” to make into a card for their Great-Great Aunt Lee’s birthday this week. They’ve only seen Aunt Lee once, when they were about seven months old, so I know they can’t remember her. Nonetheless, Baby B immediately volunteered, “She made the pig!” referring to a ceramic piggy bank Aunt Lee made for me when I was a little girl, that’s now in the girls’ room. Although we don’t see our family as often as we’d like, I love that the girls are developing a larger sense of family, and an appreciation for what’s been given to them.
3) Miss Jennifer brought the girls each a little bag of seashells she collected when she was at the beach a few weeks ago. I bought two small vases to display them. We looked at each shell, talked about the colors and texture, and then put it in the vase. Then we found a picture of the beach in one of our books, and we attempted [together] to draw it. I don’t know how much the girls got out of the “lesson”, but they had a blast, and they’re SO proud of their seashell vases.
4) I don’t mean to suggest this is always the case, but I’ve observed the girls really cooperating more this week. They’ve been singing together (the same song!), and their conversations are definitely evolving. They’ve been pretty good about asking for a particular toy, not just grabbing it from their sister. It’s certainly a work in progress…but it suddenly feels like progress this week!
5) And the quote of the week? I told the girls, “Let’s learn to spell our last name.” I spelled it out, and Baby B immediately added “Dot-com!” Hahaha!!! I guess she’s heard me quote our email address over the phone…but that’s definitely a sign of the times!
And what did I do for ME this week???
I’ve been blessed to have quite a bit of girlfriend time…a late sushi dinner on Saturday night, a mid-afternoon pedicure on Sunday, and a Candy-Corn Tasting on Wednesday. I’m behind on my laundry now, but it sure has been fun!