After a fantastic family day on Saturday at the International Festival…including surviving our first port-a-potty experience [not as bad as I would have imagined!]…there’s been lots more fabulous to be thankful for this week!
1) I’ve let the girls “help” me cook twice this week! I’ve kept it very contained…one at a time, I let them pour pre-measured ingredients into a bowl to make a marinade, or hand me crackers to line my pudding dessert…but they love it! And they’re so proud to tell Daddy what they made as part of our dinner.
2) [PLEASE DON’T LET THIS JINX ME!!!] The girls have napped every day this week but one! It makes such a huge difference in their pre-bedtime behavior (and my sanity!).
3) I’ve heard some of the sweetest exchanges between the girls lately. One of my favorites…Baby A said something about eating pears at dinner one night. Baby B corrected her so gently, “No baby, these are apples.” Hahaha!!!
4) Both girls have begun having much more complex pretend phone conversations. Baby A said yesterday, “Excuse me, ma’am. My name is [A], and I need to make an appointment.” How old is this child??? HA!
5) Once a CD-player staple, I hadn’t played any big band music for the girls in a long time. I cranked some up earlier in the week, and all three of us had such a great time dancing to the groove. I then pulled up a video of the Glen Miller Orchestra playing “In the Mood” to show the girls some of the instruments. Later that day, the girls were pretending with their babies. I asked them what they were doing, and they said, “Our babies are playing the trombone!” And they’ve requested “We want band music!” several times again this week. Good stuff!!!
And what did I do for ME this week???
While Miss Jennifer was here with the girls on Tuesday afternoon, I slipped out and met Hubby after school for coffee and a pastry. We scored prime seats at Panera – right in front of the fireplace! We hadn’t done that in so long, and it was so, so nice. And then I even had time for a quick Target run (alone!) afterwards!
I’ve also done quite a bit of scrapbooking this week, after the girls are in bed, and that’s just such great “therapy” for me.
[Continued thanks to the Great Dollimama for reminding me to think about "me" every week!]