This was Daddy’s first full week back at work, and the girls and I are adjusting really well. We’ve read a lot of books, had a lot of tea parties, and done some grocery shopping. We miss having Daddy home, but we’re enjoying being back in our routine, too.
So what specifically made our week so fabulous?
1) On Saturday afternoon we went to story time at the bookstore. We hadn’t been since last October, and I was so amazed at how well the girls did! They actually followed the story, and have talked about various story elements throughout the week. I call that a milestone!
2) Thanks to an overcast sky, it wasn’t *quite* as hot on Sunday afternoon, and we were able to play outside in the backyard with the girls. We spread out the picnic blanket for our afternoon snack, and we were finally able to give them their bubble mowers. Good, clean, family fun…I love it!!!
3) The girls had their first taste of Indian food on Saturday night – Mama’s [probably-not-very-authentic] Tandoori Shrimp. Baby A ate well enough, but Baby B devoured her portion. It makes my heart smile to see the girls eating well and enjoying good food.
4) When I got the girls up on Wednesday, Baby B said, “I missed you all night, Mommy!”
5) I was able to take the girls on a walk on Thursday morning, for the first time in close to two weeks. The weather was so pleasant…I could almost taste a bit of fall in the air. The fresh (and COOL) air did us all so good…ahhh!!!
And what did I do for ME this week???
I spent A LOT of time this week catching up on picture editing. That may not sound like “me” time, but it sure does take a weight off my shoulders to be back on track.