Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

August 11, 2011

Captured: Screaming and Crying

My sweet friend Marcia of 123 Blog is hosting a link-up for crying baby pictures.

It feels a little wrong somehow when I chuckle seeing pictures of babies crying...but without the accompanying soundbite and larger context, some of those pictures are so darn cute.

In two-and-a-half years, though, I have only a couple of pictures of my girls crying. I don't mean to suggest that there ain't no misbehavin' going on at our house...HA!!!...but the girls' true crying - fortunately - doesn't ensue very often.

The girls truly cry when they're hurt...and of course I'm not going to take a picture then.

The other time the girls really cry is as part of some type of tantrum...and picture-taking doesn't fit into my "I'm Choosing to Ignore Your Fit" / "Never Let 'em See You Sweat"-approach.

After a bit of thought, I remembered I had a few pictures from our first holiday pictures, taken when the girls were about 11 months old.

Everyone was OK as long as the four of us were together, but Baby B wasn't quite so sure when I put her down on the cold floor for some babies-only pictures...



This is the next frame, with B in full-on tears. Baby A seems to be questioning what just happened...



As soon as Mommy entered the stage, in the next frame, B was all smiles again (and A seems to be wondering what happened to her close-up)...



...and just to show we had a happy ending...here's our holiday card shot...



I'm certainly glad I have these pictures, and maybe one day Baby B will be able to chuckle at herself, too.

12 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Oh I LOVE that one, Mandy! LOVE it.

They were (and still are) sooooo adorable.

Deanna said...

Love her red nose in the last two pictures! : )

Mama Mama Quite Contrary said...

Love that moment!

Olusola said...

Definitely a moment to laugh about when she's all grown up. Too cute

Andrea said...

These are too funny!! Love the family card picture! It is so good of all 4 of you!! This is a very fun link up!! Thanks for sharing!

Paula Keller said...

Haha! "never let 'em see you sweat approach!" Isn't that the truth. LOVE it!

Too cute!

I've got some to share, perhaps tomorrow.

Unknown said...

cute! I have plenty of pics of my kiddos crying - especially when around Santa or the Easter Bunny! ha! I've also taken a few of them when having all out tantrums if I happened to have the camera nearby. Its a good distraction! ha!

Beth said...

So cute!! Love the happy pictures after Mommy came to the rescue.
What an adorable family!

Holly G said...

Aww! They're all too sweet! I've got lots of crying pictures from all the times we were trying desperately to get two happy babies in a photo, but could only ever manage to get one at a time in a good mood!

Renae said...

The photos are all so adorable. What great memories captured for years to come!

For pretty much the same reasons, I don't have many photos of my kids crying either. I did just happen to have two from recent vacations, though. So, I was able to link up after all.

Double the Giggles said...

Love this post! I have some doozies in my cell phone somewhere. I'll have to dig them out for a good laugh!

Twinside Out said...

Hi! Stopping in via Marcia's - these pictures are adorable! And I'm glad there was a happy ending (and a beautiful family portrait).