1) We’d gotten out of our summertime routine over the past few weeks, but we got back on track on Saturday. We strolled the farmer’s market for fresh fruits and veggies, and then had a late breakfast (for Mommy and Daddy / a snack for the girls) at Panera. It’s seriously the perfect start to the weekend.
2) I very rarely take the girls out for lunch...but we made an exception to join Aunt Shanda on Monday at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We hadn’t eaten with her since the girls’ birthday (in January), and it was pretty amazing to think about the differences in just seven months! Oh, and the food was delish, of course, too!
3) I taught the girls a new party trick this week…to fist bump and say, “Wonder Twin Power!” They have no idea what they’re saying, but it cracks me up every time.
4) Baby A is really making strides in her “artwork”. She can make a pretty decent “A” at times (although just as often it looks like an “H”)…and she shocked me by attempting to draw a cat! She had a circle with whiskers on either side, and a scribble of some sort in the middle. Of course I saved that as her first masterpiece!
5) Baby B said a couple of things I could hardly believe this week. “I realized Nana Audrey was coming because the door was closed.” Seriously???
And Daddy had to leave for a late meeting at work one night. B asked me if Daddy would see his “colleagues”. She didn’t say it perfectly, so I asked if that’s what she meant. She repeated it correctly. I asked if she knew what that meant. I gave her a fill-in-the-blank. “’Colleagues’ are the people that Daddy….” and she answered “teaches with”!
Oh, and I referred to my old pair of sunglasses as “ratty”, which both girls have now picked up…HA!
And what did I do for ME this week???
I had plans to get together with Aunt Shanda on Friday night in some form or fashion. I called her last minute and asked if she’d be up for making S’mores. I stopped by the store to pick up the fixins’, and on the way to her house, I glanced over to see Aunt Karen at the stop light beside me. I asked her if she wanted to join us…and she did! [We live in a small town, but it’s not seriously that small…that was quite a surprise to run into Karen!] So…an impromptu S’mores party…to a soundtrack of reggae music and a couple of great friends…good for the soul, it was!!!