So thankful for another fabulous week!!!
1) At least during the first part of the week, we were loving the COOLER WEATHER!!! We got to enjoy some fantastic time outside, including walks and playing in the back yard. It just does a body good to breathe fresh air and soak up a bit of Vitamin D (through a thick layer of sunscreen, of course).
2) Daddy couldn’t have been more surprised when he drove home on Monday, seeing the girls coloring with chalk on the driveway. That was our first foray into that medium, and we all had such a good time. “We chalked,” Baby B kept saying. And for several days afterwards, the girls would exclaim, “Kitty cat! Rainbow! Boat!” every time we went outside.
3) We had not one – but TWO – play dates over the past week! On Friday, my friend Meridith came over with her three-year old little boy and five-week old little girl. A&B weren’t very interested in the three-year old, but they were so tickled to be up close and personal with a baby. And then we had a fantastic time playing with K&S on Wednesday.
4) Very recently, the girls have begun to hold real [albeit very short] phone conversations. Daddy calls us every day during lunch. I love holding the phone for the girls and hearing them answer questions about our day, smiling from ear to ear.
5) The girls have uttered some really grown-up phrases as of late, and it’s just too cute. B was talking to Daddy one morning, and she said, “That’s my point,” in perfect context. And A was explaining something to me. She said, “…sometimes, but not very often.” And A just cracks me up when I’ll ask her what she’s doing, and I’ll often get, “I’m just being silly,” in the sweetest little baby voice.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I feel like I’ve had to really stretch the past couple of weeks to name my “me” time, so I’m listing THREE things I can cite this week!
On Saturday I slipped out for an hour and checked out the grand opening of a new tea shoppe downtown. I indulged in a red velvet tea cake, my book my only company.
I bought myself some new sunglasses…nothing fancy…but it was time to invest in another pair.
And on Thursday, while Miss Jennifer was with the girls, I ran a couple of errands, and still made time to pick up a trashy [Star] magazine and enjoy a latte before I had to head home.
A fabulous week, all the way around!