This is Week 3 of the Potty-capades, and I’m thrilled to say we’ve gotten out of the house in some form or fashion every day this week...and that is simply fabulous!
I’m still careful not to be gone for more than an hour and a half, but it’s such an incredible relief to be able to run a quick errand…and the fresh air and change of scenery are so welcome to us all. It’s amazing how well the girls play at home after getting out for a short while.
1) On Tuesday I took the girls to get new sandals at the mall. We made a quick trip of it, so I decided to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and pay a visit to Sonic. I parked the girls in their stroller, propped up my feet in a chair, and we shared a small ice cream. I know it’s only May, but that definitely feels like one of the marks of summer…and it felt great!
2) On Wednesday, the girls and I went for a short walk in the neighborhood, and came home to find Daddy home from work already. We decided to let the girls explore the backyard. They ran and ran and ran…it was amazing to see them enjoying themselves, unfettered…and the rosy glow in their faces from exertion was just magical.
3) On Thursday, we [FINALLY!!!] had the girls’ two-year pictures made. We did an outside shoot this time…and I was afraid they’d be too taken by the scenery to sit still…but they did great! We may have even gotten pictures of them BOTH smiling!
4) I gave the girls their first “real” puzzle this week. It has nine pieces and seems to be a bit of a stretch for them right now. Nonetheless, they’ve been working SO hard on it. With a tiny bit of guidance, they can complete it, and they immediately want to do it again. Since all three of us have been working together on such a focused task, it occurred to me to teach them a little cheer. We pile our hands on top of each other, count to three, shout, “TEAMWORK!” and throw our hands in the air. They love it!
5) I’ve heard the girls “arguing” a little bit over the monitor a couple of mornings. One day, one started singing a song, and the other joined in. The first one got mad and said, “No! I singing ‘Baa, Baa Black Sheep’!” Bwahahaha!!!
And what did I do for ME this week???
My dear friend Shanda was with me every step on the way on my journey to Motherhood, and was at the hospital at a moment’s notice the night the girls were born. And she’s an amazing mom herself. We’ve been able to steal away for a little time together the past two Mother’s Days, and we made that happen again this year, in the form of a quick pedicure on Saturday afternoon. Of course Mother’s Day is all about my precious girls, but Aunt Shanda is right there in the middle of the mix, too!
Thanks to the Dolli-Mama for hosting the 52 Weeks of ME! Challenge...and reminding me to think about the little things I do for myself.