Another fabulous week at A&B Enterprises!
1) The girls’ sense of humor is really starting to shine. I called Baby B out on her (very serious) “thinking face”, and Baby A started trying to make a similar face. Not only was it hilarious how she contorted her mouth, but she knew she was being funny...and milked it for all it was worth!
2) While we were in the car one afternoon this week, Baby A asked to sing “Baa, Baa Black Sheep.” I told them we should sing it together…and everyone chimed in…to an almost-identifiable tune! The girls have known the words to that song for months, as they like to say it in nursery rhyme format, but this was the best “trio” I’ve heard to date!
3) On a related note, the girls have told me a couple of times, “I love Mommy to sing.” I don’t think I’ve EVER been complimented on my singing before…but I will take it!!! Although it does make me worry a bit if they’re showing early signs of tone-deafness???
4) This is not exactly mannerly, but when Baby B is really enjoying something she’s eating, she’s started making this “Mmmmm…mmmmm…mmmmm” noise. We’ll probably have to break the habit at some point, but for now I’m just enjoying her enjoyment.
5) Thursday we had The Perfect Afternoon. I needed to run a quick errand downtown. I put the girls in their stroller, we took care of our business, and I promptly headed to the coffee shop. I bought a kiddie scoop of ice cream (which is still huge!), and we headed to the fountain to share it. The weather was perfect…65 degrees, sunny, and no wind. The girls were tickled to see the fountain running after it had been turned off for the winter. We got to see people walking their dogs, and even a guy with a cockatiel (???), which they thought was pretty special. We followed that up with a walk, hand-in-hand, in the neighborhood before supper.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I realized Wednesday night that I was down to only a handful of diapers. (I’ve never let that happen before, but I guess my Internal Diaper Sensor is off with the drastic reduction in what we’re using…WOO HOO!!!) I made a quick run to Target, and I decided to treat myself to some new note cards. I promptly pulled into Panera, got a yummy vanilla latte in one of their awesome oversized mugs, and sat down to catch up on a little bit of correspondence. I hadn’t enjoyed any coffee-shop alone time in a while, and it sure was nice.