Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

May 20, 2011

Fab 5 Friday...and ME!!!

A truly fabulous week, if I do say so myself!!!

1) Saturday was one of the most awesome family days on record…after the girls ate breakfast, we went to the farmer’s market. (They were disappointed we didn’t buy a pig, though, a la “To market, to market, to buy a fat pig…”) From there we went to Panera where Daddy and I had breakfast, and the girls enjoyed a mid-morning bagel snack with a glass of milk. And Saturday night we went to dinner (for the first time since the Potty-capades began) at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The girls had a blast, ate like champs…and the best part was that I didn’t have to pack the kitchen sink for each endeavor. My babies are turning into little girls…they can order from the menu, and drink from regular cups...wow…

2) Tuesday, Daddy had a work day at school, without students, and the girls and I went to visit him. His colleagues hadn’t seen the girls since they were about six months old, so we made all the rounds. The girls had fun going up and down the big steps, and they’re still talking about drawing on Daddy’s board.

3) The girls’ sense of humor continues to develop. We’ve had lots of fun this week with songs and nursery rhymes, altering some of the words they know by heart…”Baa, baa black sheep, have you any peanut butter?” The girls can’t get enough of it!

4) We’ve also played a modified game of hide-and-seek quite a lot this week. There are few places to really hide in the den, and the girls don’t really get the full concept of the game just yet…so I’ll pretend to look for one of them under the couch, inside the refrigerator of their play kitchen, peering through the window…all the while they’re trailing my heels. They think it’s hilarious.

5) Favorite quotes of the week…Baby A told me, “I enjoyed my dinner,” on Thursday night. I was oh, so proud! And Baby B was handing books, one by one, to her sister, per her request. After several trips, Baby B said, very matter-of-factly, “These are your options, Sissy.” Bwahahaha!!!

And what did I do for ME this week???

On Thursday afternoon Miss Jennifer came to hang out with the girls while I ran a couple of errands. I was able to get everything done and still have time to indulge a bit. I had been C-R-A-V-I-N-G a chocolate chip cookie from my very favorite shabby-chic dive. I got my cookie, a big cup of coffee with extra cream, and set up camp with a magazine for a little while on the patio of the restaurant. At 4:00 in the afternoon, I was the only one there…bliss!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

You are too darn cute with your alone time - I love it!!!

What I most love is hearing what your girls say - I can SOOOO hear you saying the same things to them. Hahahhaha (these are your options).

ericateal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Onesie Mommy said...

Miss B and I modify hide and go seek all the time! Our game is very similar except that she tells me where to look and who to ask if I've seen her.

Miss B: Rex...

Mom: Rex... Have you seen Miss B?

Mom pretending to be Rex: No.

Miss B: Minou..

Mom: Minou, have you seen Miss B?

Mom pretending to be Minou: Noooo...

So cute! Good times...

Mandy said...

I am so jealous of your me time, I'm not going to lie!

Our new "version" of a game is ring around the rosie. Only it's less of a circle and more of a moving line, and I'm the only one singing, and the "fun part" is where I make everyone fall down. Yeah, I'm pretty over that game as is my back.

penguinsandladybugs said...

Lovin' the me time! Alone with a cup of coffee and cookie sounds good to me!!!

Andrea said...

Wow, your ME time does sound heavenly!! :)

I love that my little ones think it is hilarious when we look for them when they are right there! It is a game we play almost daily! Fun times!

Have a great weekend Mandy!

Renae said...

Your me time sounds fabulous. I haven't had a sitter come to relieve me in such a long time. I should really start doing that again. (Although, before I know it, school will be out and T will be home for the summer. Can't wait!).

I laughed a little about your not having to pack the kitchen sink comment. I remember shortly after the kids were potty trained how excited I was to leave the house with just a purse. It was so freeing to know that they could use public restrooms and eat from a menu without needing anything special to help in the process.

Rebecca said...

I love that they're using the word "opinion!!!"

Isn't it awesome when you don't have to pack everything and its mother to go out to eat??? THE BEST!!!

Unknown said...

Taking less and less as you get out with the kids is SUCH a good feeling! :-) I leave a diaper bag in the van, but usually only have a diaper and wipes in my purse and that's usually good enough! :-)

Fun that the girls got to go to Daddy's school! Jacob got to go with me one day last year for a 1/2 day and he loved it...now that he understands that I'm a teacher and what I do :-) Sarah was sooo jealous though!

J&S love to play hide and seek and Adam tries to play along. He'll randomly crawl under the table or go into his closet and say "Mommy! Hide Seek!" Today he was looking at an I Spy book and said "Look Mommy! Hide seek!" He saw the dog under the table one night at dinner (where she usually lays) but then said "Nola play hide seek?" haha!!