A truly fabulous week, if I do say so myself!!!
1) Saturday was one of the most awesome family days on record…after the girls ate breakfast, we went to the farmer’s market. (They were disappointed we didn’t buy a pig, though, a la “To market, to market, to buy a fat pig…”) From there we went to Panera where Daddy and I had breakfast, and the girls enjoyed a mid-morning bagel snack with a glass of milk. And Saturday night we went to dinner (for the first time since the Potty-capades began) at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The girls had a blast, ate like champs…and the best part was that I didn’t have to pack the kitchen sink for each endeavor. My babies are turning into little girls…they can order from the menu, and drink from regular cups...wow…
2) Tuesday, Daddy had a work day at school, without students, and the girls and I went to visit him. His colleagues hadn’t seen the girls since they were about six months old, so we made all the rounds. The girls had fun going up and down the big steps, and they’re still talking about drawing on Daddy’s board.
3) The girls’ sense of humor continues to develop. We’ve had lots of fun this week with songs and nursery rhymes, altering some of the words they know by heart…”Baa, baa black sheep, have you any peanut butter?” The girls can’t get enough of it!
4) We’ve also played a modified game of hide-and-seek quite a lot this week. There are few places to really hide in the den, and the girls don’t really get the full concept of the game just yet…so I’ll pretend to look for one of them under the couch, inside the refrigerator of their play kitchen, peering through the window…all the while they’re trailing my heels. They think it’s hilarious.
5) Favorite quotes of the week…Baby A told me, “I enjoyed my dinner,” on Thursday night. I was oh, so proud! And Baby B was handing books, one by one, to her sister, per her request. After several trips, Baby B said, very matter-of-factly, “These are your options, Sissy.” Bwahahaha!!!
And what did I do for ME this week???
On Thursday afternoon Miss Jennifer came to hang out with the girls while I ran a couple of errands. I was able to get everything done and still have time to indulge a bit. I had been C-R-A-V-I-N-G a chocolate chip cookie from my very favorite shabby-chic dive. I got my cookie, a big cup of coffee with extra cream, and set up camp with a magazine for a little while on the patio of the restaurant. At 4:00 in the afternoon, I was the only one there…bliss!