I don't think I've gone more than 72 hours without posting on the blog in ages...it feels kinda weird...but we're just having such a great time celebrating Daddy's four-day weekend that we've been running pretty hard!
Here are a few snippets from our super-fabulous week!
1) We had a great lunch at our favorite sushi restaurant on Saturday. The girls love the teriyaki chicken and shrimp (along with edamame, Daddy’s soup, and Mommy’s salad). This week I ordered a crunchy shrimp roll so they could try some “safe” sushi. They loved it, too! This is another love they come by honestly!
2) We had a fun play date with K&S on Tuesday. We had a themed lunch in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, and the girls are still talking about their sandwich in the shape of a clover.
3) Tuesday afternoon, the girls napped exceptionally well, and we invited Daddy to meet us for an afternoon snack at one of our favorite sandwich and salad places. The girls sat so well and shared very nicely. It was such a sweet treat, all the way around.
4) This week marked the girls’ first time wearing short-sleeve shirts since last fall. The sight of their precious little arms never fails to awe me.
5) The girls and I went for a walk in the neighborhood on Wednesday morning. It was super sunny, and after I applied their sunscreen, I asked if they wanted to wear their sunglasses. They’ve had sunglasses for ages now, but they’ve always fiddled with them after just a couple of minutes (and I’ve always been scared they’d poke their little eyes out). They did so well, though! They just marched along, giggling occasionally…and I managed to snap one of my new favorite pictures, the girls checking each other out after our walk!
6) On Wednesday night, we took the girls out for an extremely rare mid-week dinner, to celebrate the start of Daddy’s long weekend. They picked our favorite pizza place, Greener Groundz. As we were waiting on our food, B said so contentedly, “I’m so glad we’re here!”
7) I’ve noticed how many times in a day Baby A remarks about something we haven’t done / seen / had in a while. The way she says it is so darn cute, though. “Oh! I we haven’t been to Target in a whiiiii-yul!” with huge emphasis on while. You’d think the poor child was deprived or something. :)
8) The girls are even more into singing “The Name Game” this week, and they’re getting really good at it. One day they entertained themselves (and us!) for at least 30 minutes in the car. And they would sing the most random words…grass, tree, car, truck, interstate, and even phrases like “some more”. HA!
9) On Thursday morning, B made two awesome comments, even before breakfast. She commented that my shirt was “a pretty melon color”, and – as she got into her chair – she said, “I’m trying to be expeditious”. How old is this kid???
10) On Thursday, we surprised the girls with a trip to the zoo…and then with a ride on the carousel there. And, despite Baby A being pretty scared when she first got up on the zebra she chose, the girls were over the moon! I got another favorite picture after our ride…B was waving to the little old man who ran the carousel, who faithfully waved to the girls every time we went around. And A was telling her zebra thank you for a nice ride. I really can’t stop looking at this picture…it just seems to encompass the pure joys of childhood.
11) Mid-way through our zoo venture, we stopped to share a little snack. I took another favorite picture, of the girls sharing a bottle of water. They were holding the straw for each other to drink. This mama could hardly stand the sweetness!
12) On Friday, we treated the girls to their first-ever hibachi experience. I was a little worried they’d be too “entertained” to eat, but I think the lure of the white sauce was even greater than the chef’s tricks. They had so much fun…and I think we’ve satisfied our sodium quota for the month.
So thankful for all the super fabulousness (and for the not-so-super-fabulous, too...it's not all rainbows and butterflies, but maybe that's what makes us appreciate the times when it is)!