So thankful for lots of fabulousness with my baby girls this week!
1) The girls and I met Aunt Shanda and her boys – 9 and 12 – on Saturday morning at the book store. After enjoying a [second] morning snack of donut holes (for the girls) and a blueberry cake donut (for me) [Shanda, you shouldn’t have! HA!], we just hung out. We browsed around, read some books, played with the train set. And then we six went to lunch. Just hanging out??? A [mostly-] relaxed lunch??? Yes!!! It was!!! And it felt so nice to be able to do it with my girlies! And she truly has the sweetest boys, who doted on my little girls.
2) The girls and I had a really amazing morning on Tuesday. We had to go to the post office downtown, so we made an adventure of it. We happened upon a new bakery, and decided it would be a great place for a mid-morning snack. We split an ahhh-mazing cinnamon roll, and the girls were so chilled out! Mommy enjoyed a full cup of coffee – and a refill! We went to the post office, and then – the weather was so beautiful – we walked around for about 30 minutes downtown, admiring the spring blossoms. Bliss!
3) As we walked downtown, the sun was sometimes to our backs. What a gorgeous sight it was, seeing our three shadows, walking in step.
4) The girls and I paid a visit to the toy store this week. We found an expansion kit for their train set (on sale!), and a couple of new puzzles. The girls have had an absolute blast setting up an even bigger train track – including a very cool bridge. And together we’ve been working on a 48-piece puzzle. It won’t be long before they’re doing it themselves, I think. They’ve mastered all our 25-piece puzzles in less than five minutes!
5) On Thursday, Aunt Karen came over for lunch. We ordered pizza in – a very big treat! And the girls delighted in showing her their scrapbooks that we just updated through the holidays. Aunt Karen gave them belated Christmas presents – miniature aprons, complete with chef’s hats and oven mitts. They wore their aprons – and hats! – all day long. They kept exclaiming, “I’m a chef! I’m a chef!”
6) Both of my girls love to sing, but Baby B, in particular, has been full of song lately. She puts words to all sorts of melodies (or just sings at random). This morning, on the potty, she started singing, “I love Mommy…I love Mommy…yes I do…yes I do!” followed by the happiest humming.
7) And in pop songs, B recently picked up “Yesterday” by the Beatles. It’s too funny to hear her wistful “…all my troubles seemed so far away…” HA! And she literally heard me sing, “Tonight, tonight / there’s a party on the rooftop, top of the world…” and she picked it up! She can string her words together pretty quickly now, so she was [at least sorta-kinda, relatively speaking] in rhythm!
8) Both girls are all about “The Name Game” song. This doesn’t always feel fabulous…but they can go on for a long time, asking Mommy to sing the song with different words. And the girls are getting better at singing it themselves!
9) The girls are really into rhymes right now, too. They surprise me sometimes, at random, by shouting, “Bunny…honey…money…that rhymes!” And they crack me up, too, with tries like “Chair…cheese!”
10) I told the girls one night that I was making broccoli for supper. Baby B pranced around, chanting, “Bro-cco-li!” “You haven’t made this in a long, long time!” she said. And then she proceeded to ask me to make Brussels sprouts, and Baby A requested cauliflower. I love my veggie eaters!
Hope you found plenty of fabulous in your week, too!