Thankful for lots of fabulous stuff, sprinkled throughout this beautiful week!
1) Last Saturday, I was explaining to the girls that a lot of people were watching basketball that day. “Why not football?” Baby A asked. Be still my Southern heart!
2) We were at lunch last weekend, and we saw a ~two-year old drinking soda. “Mommy! That baby is drinking soda!” B LOUDLY exclaimed. “Babies need milk!!!” And later in the week, while we were grocery shopping, B noticed a baby teething on an actual set of keys (not plastic toy ones). “That baby has keys in her mouth! Keys don't belong in babies' mouths!” Yes, Baby Police, on patrol.
3) I took the girls to lunch on Wednesday…all by myself. I have done that once before, and it was “OK”…not great, certainly not relaxing, but “OK”. This week I was just feeling brave, and oddly calm. I chose our favorite pizza place downtown. It has a relaxed, shabby-chic atmosphere, but without too many distractions. (Maybe that was part of my challenge with the Mexican restaurant before…too much going on???) The girls were amazing! We had to wait a little longer than I anticipated for our food, but they were so patient! We mostly talked about the artwork on the walls, and it somehow held their attention. They waited nicely for me to cut our pizza, and then they ate like champs. I truly had such a fun time…I’d almost call it relaxing, even!
4) On Wednesday afternoon, we needed to pick up our remaining items from the consignment sale I participated in. I only had two bags (woo hoo!), so the girls and I made two short trips to the car. Afterwards, we walked to the edge of the parking lot, which borders a pasture. We’d seen a horse there once before…and to our delight, there was a little boy feeding the horse apples. He invited us to stand beside him at the fence, and the girls were enthralled to meet “Cody the Horse” and see him CRUNCH the apples. They couldn’t wait to tell their daddy when he got home.
5) After lunch on Wednesday, and then again on Wednesday afternoon, I only had one hand available to get the girls to the car. I held B’s hand, and had her grasp A’s hand, very tightly. I was nervous walking down the sidewalk, for sure, but they did a great job!
6) I made guacamole this week, and it turned out a little hotter than I’d intended. Still, the girls devoured it, asking for more. They also asked for a couple of refills on their milk…but I love that my babes like it hot!
7) Baby B was “reading” a book to her sister one morning. Baby A was sitting there patiently, until B missed a word. I couldn’t help but laugh at A, “correcting” her sister!
We've had a fantastic week of weather. It does our bodies and souls so much good to enjoy time outside...sunshine and fresh air!