(KNOCK ON WOOD as I type this…) the girls have napped well, eaten well, and played well this week…and that makes this mama feel so good! I’m very thankful for another fabulous week!
1) The girls are getting pretty accurate with naming their colors. Over the last week, Baby B has started pointing to things, saying, “Color!” which I figured out means she wants to be asked what color something is. (And she only does that when she knows the right answer!)
2) I stepped a few feet away from the girls’ highchairs to fix their cups of milk. Baby B finished her fruit before her sister. I observed Baby A give Baby B a piece of banana, and Baby B said, “Thank you!” of her own accord.
3) Baby A can count to 10! I count aloud all the time…steps, cups, blocks, books, cars. I knew the girls could fill in the blanks when I paused, but Baby A has started reciting her numbers unprompted, seemingly talking to herself. So cool!
4) I introduced the girls to red kidney beans last Friday, and they’re hooked. They have asked for them at least once a day, every day since!
5) The girls have been talking about a number of songs from the children’s CD we’re listening to this week. The funniest is when they volunteer (at some pretty odd times, at least to me), “Found a peanut!”
(And on a non-baby-related note, Hubby and I stole away after the girls were in bed on Friday night [safe in the keeping of a trusty “house sitter”] to eat at our favorite sushi restaurant. Due to a number of factors, we hadn’t been out to dinner in about three months. It tasted soooo good!!!)