Of course we had a fabulous weekend with our first cookie-making endeavor AND Halloween. The week continued the fabulous trend...
1) On Friday night we took the girls to our favorite Mexican dive for the first time in several weeks. They split a chicken quesadilla with me, and between the two of them they consumed an entire plate of black beans and rice. They also got their first taste of salsa…Baby B loved it; Baby A coughed and sputtered a bit, but then asked for “More!” And I forgot their sippy cups, so they drank water out of regular straw cups. They were such big girls!
2) The girls are remembering their manners more and more. They’re pretty consistently asking for things with “Pees!” and we get the occasional unprompted “Tank-yuw!”…and that just melts my heart.
3) The girls have also incorporated “Hep!” (help) into their vocabularies. Whereas “More!” used to be their go-to word if they didn’t know how to say something, they now ask for lots of “Hep!” And I seriously can’t resist!
4) The girls have really upped their games of pretend this week. I can’t begin to count how many “choc-it chip” cookies I’ve eaten from their red bucket!
5) It seems like only a few weeks ago that I marveled at the girls’ first three-syllable word, “butterfly”. (It was the same for each of them, but said on different days. And yes, I wrote it down.) This week they both – separately – said “hippopo’mus”. They don’t have it 100%, but they’re really close to getting credit for five syllables! Wow!
Life is good, and life with a couple of sweet baby girls is absolutely fabulous!