Despite several cream-of-wheat-in-the-hair - type experiences, my week was pretty fabulous in all...
1) My girls are loquacious! (For those of you taking notes, that’s just a little throw-back to my 10th grade vocabulary list to say that the girls are TALKING!)
2) The girls have learned several new signs this week, including “bunny rabbit”. It’s as if they’re trying to summon the Easter Bunny himself for some tasty treats.
3) [My apologies upfront for the visual…] I was entertaining the girls with a full-on frog impression (jumping up from a squatting position). Baby A thought it was hilarious (I can’t imagine why?), and she now does her imitation – knee bends from a standing position – every time I say “frog”. I guess I’d better watch myself making up baby signs.
4) The weather is finally warm enough for the girls to shed their winter coats. How sweet it is to see their fat little arms and legs in shorts and t-shirts!
5) The girls and I enjoyed an awesome afternoon on Thursday. We went to lunch downtown and scored a sidewalk table. The girls sat in their stroller, content to people watch, while I read a few pages in my book and had an amazing veggie pizza. The experience gave me a glimpse of things to come…I can’t wait for the three of us to enjoy a veggie pizza together, do a little window shopping, and top off the afternoon with an ice cream!