Here goes another fabulous week on the books with my two favorite sidekicks!
1) We took the girls for their first ice cream cone on Saturday! (And yes, that’s ice cream cone [singular], as this was one thing we made them share. It was cute and fun and they enjoyed it, but I didn’t want to put them in a sugar coma!)*
2) We laced up the girls’ new kicks and went for a little walk on Saturday night, the four of us, hand in hand. Pure joy.*
3) The weather has been ahhh-mazing (as my friend Jenny likes to say), and the girls and I have gotten out for a walk every day this week. Most of the time we’re moving at a fast clip, but we have to stop and speak to our friends scattered throughout the neighborhood now and again. That usually derails any attempt at setting a new speed record, but it’s so wonderful to live in such a nice community.
4) The girls learned the sign for “monkey” this week. This has made reading Curious George that much more fun!
5) Honestly, we’ve had some trying times this week. In hindsight, I now realize that with Daddy home on Spring Break last week, the girls got a lot of attention…all the time…every day. So this week, when Mommy needed to clean the table after breakfast, for example, pandemonium ensued from the girls’ perceived neglect. :) We’ve had to readjust to “quiet time”, which hasn’t been very “quiet”. :) Even still, I’ve had a few random moments where I just felt so blessed…blessed to have my girls…and blessed to be here with them. Even amid the not-so-quiet time, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
*This is probably the third post in as many days in which I’ve mentioned ice cream and the girls’ new shoes. I don’t mean to drone on, but this is a weekly rap-up of fabulous stuff, and those items just continue to rate in my book!