It’s been a super-fabulous week, and for that I am thankful!
1) During the last week of school, B was telling me that an ant got on her classmate's shirt while they were outside playing. “Did it bite her?” I asked. "No, it was a very gentle ant," she explained.
2) The girls were doing artwork (as they call it) one morning, and I was having so much fun listening to their conversation. They kept saying, “Yes, ma’am!” to each other…it just rolled off their tongues, as they went about their business. I love my little Southern ladies!
3) One afternoon the girls and I were playing in the backyard. B was blowing bubbles, and I asked A if she wanted to chase the bubbles. It wasn’t exactly what I’d imagined when A stood straight in front of B so B could blow into her hands. Hahaha! As one of my Facebook friends aptly commented, “Work smarter, not harder.”
4) Aunt Shanda held a special kiddie yoga class for our MoMs group at her new yoga studio. The girls were SO excited when I told them we were going on Saturday morning, and they had SUCH fun! We hadn’t done yoga with her in a couple of years, and this just felt like the perfect age. They were all into the pretend scenarios and they followed directions super well. It was such a fun morning!
5) After yoga, we went next door to our favorite little bakery for lunch. Our friends M&C and their dad joined us. I was so impressed to have FOUR little ones…who all wanted to sit together at the end of the table…and they all behaved so well! Everyone ate nicely, and I even enjoyed my entire sandwich, too.
6) On Sunday we had the girls’ closing reception for three-year old preschool. I am still laughing every time I think about their antics going across the front of the room to receive their certificates.
7) The first thing on Monday morning, the girls pulled out some Christmas books from their bookshelf. On a whim, I asked if they wanted to pretend it was Christmas, just for the day. They had a blast! We read Christmas books all day long…we made a Christmas tree craft…and I made a Christmas-themed lunch. I stopped shy of turning on Christmas music, though. The girls are still pretty bad about singing Christmas songs these days, and I surely didn’t want to encourage that!
8) Over our Christmas-themed lunch, I asked the girls what their favorite thing was about this past Christmas. Separately, they both said, “Helping Mommy in the kitchen.” Awww!!! That reminds me that the spilled flour and sugar on the floor are all worth it!
9) At the table one afternoon, I asked my standard, “How’s your lunch?” B made me laugh when she immediately piped up, “I’m enjoying it immensely.” That’s a line from a book, but it just made my afternoon to see how she incorporated that phrase so effortlessly.
10) One day we were talking about numbers and letters. There are 26 letters in the alphabet, and there are 10 numbers, but the combinations of numbers go on forever. Baby A then asked, “Mommy, if numbers go on forever and ever, why do you stop counting when you get to 100?” Hahaha!