Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 15, 2013

Super Stuff on a Monday!



I’m getting back on track today with my Super Stuff post.  Since I finally posted last week on Thursday, I’m only pulling from a few days…but thankfully there’s plenty of super stuff to note!

1)      I’ve been pointing out all the beautiful blooming trees to the girls.  When B exclaimed, “Look, Mommy!  It’s a puppy tree!” it took me a few seconds to realize she was talking about a “dogwood”.

2)      One morning I asked the girls to try on some shorts from last year, to see if they still fit.  B was walking around for a couple of minutes in only her shorts, and A told her, “Sissy, you look like a man ready to go swimming.”  Hahaha!

3)      As I led the girls down the hall from their classroom on Thursday afternoon, I was met with an absolute downpour outside the lobby.  We waited it out for 10 minutes or so, but it didn’t seem to be letting up.  I finally told the girls we would have to run for it.  We got our game plan in place, and bolted.  The girls didn’t get too wet, as they had pullovers with hoods, but I got SOAKED, especially standing there to buckle them in their carseats.  Still, it was kind of fun…the first time the girls have been wet like that.  At least we were heading home to change clothes anyway!

4)      On Friday morning, I had several errands to run.  The girls accompanied me to the post office, where they waited patiently and interacted nicely with the clerk.  We rewarded ourselves with a snack at the downtown coffee shop.  The girls enjoyed their first-ever hot beverage from there, a delicious hot chocolate.  They felt like such big girls!  And Mommy got to enjoy a latte while the girls sipped so nicely.

5)      The girls have been asking to have a snack on the patio at their little table for a couple of weeks now.  We finally had a really nice afternoon a few days ago, and their wish came true.  They were so happy!

6)      While we were eating outside, Daddy came home from school.  The girls were delighted to see him peek around into the back yard.  He changed clothes and came out to spend some time with us.  When he started swatting at a bumblebee with a broom, the girls went into hysterics.  Moments before they’d been pretty scared of the bee, and I guess “Daddy to the rescue” really made their day.

7)      Over the weekend, Hubby and I rearranged the furniture in the den, almost back to the pre-baby layout.  The girls were elated when they got up on Saturday morning.  They’ve been talking since about their “new den”.

8)      We all went out to lunch on Saturday, to one of my favorite bakeries – the girls’ choice.  It’s next to Aunt Shanda’s new yoga studio, and we were able to catch her and Aunt Karen there for a couple of minutes after we ate.  The girls can sometimes be reserved…but it warmed my heart to see them run up to S&K with open arms, reaching for a hug.

9)      The girls have continued to be very entertained with doing artwork.  It cracks me up when they try to draw the most intricate scenes.  They’re very descriptive as they describe to me what they’ve drawn.

Baby A drew this...those are parking spaces at the top and Daddy getting out of Milo (our SUV).  He was going around to get B out of her car seat, she said.


10)   One afternoon, B stuck her feet up on the arm of the couch as she was lying on the floor.  I ooh’ed and ahh’ed over her sweet little feet, and she said, “Take my picture, Mommy!  You know I don’t need any more of an invitation than that!



11)   I overheard B one day, singing a song to herself.  It took me a minute or so to pick up that she was using the lines from one of the book series she really likes…it was so cute to hear her singing about “Mrs. Boot, Sam, and Poppy" from Farmyard Tales.

12)   This morning the girls asked to go for a ride in their stroller, and of course I jumped on the opportunity.  We didn’t make our full rounds, though, as we stopped to talk to two neighbors we hadn’t seen in a while.  I love feeling a part of such a wonderful community…and I love thinking about all the wonderful people I’ve met since the girls were born.  If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be out walking in the neighborhood like I have over the past four years…and I never would have met half the people I know now.  It’s pretty neat.

2 comments:

Charlene Juliani said...

Sounds like you had a really busy week. I remember those back soaking days of buckling kids in their car seats in the rain. Not fun!

cat said...

Oh I love if they ask me to take a photo - mine are often now in a "no photo" mood