Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 23, 2013

A Bit About Me, April Edition



My birthday is on February 23.  On the 23rd of each month, I share a couple of random things about myself.  For the month of April, here 'tis!

I had “twins” for extra credit in science class one time.

In the seventh or eighth grade, we had the opportunity to carry around a blown-out eggshell “baby” for extra credit.  It seems like we had to keep a diary of the egg’s whereabouts, and I distinctly remember having to find a “sitter” during PE class.  I hadn’t thought about it in eons, but I recently recalled that I made not one, but TWO, eggshell babies for the project.  I didn’t get double the credit…but they did look super sweet, sitting side-by-side.  Feels kinda prophetic...although I should note that I have never shoved my actual babies into a locker.

I don’t enjoy gardening.

I love having pretty flowers around the house, but I just don’t like planting them.  I don’t enjoy the bending…the weeding…the digging…it’s just.not.me.  It’s one of those things I feel like I should enjoy, but I don’t.  Once upon a time, I did enjoy watering, but now even that is a chore I relegate as best I can.  You might guess we have mostly greenery and perennials at our house.

For the sake of the girls, though, I try to fake it here and there...I orchestrated them planting petunias last year, and they did look awfully cute in their gardening gloves.  Hmmm...maybe if THEY like to garden, I just might have those pretty annuals one day!

3 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Oh, sister to my soul. I remember carrying around my eggshell baby, too. I only carried one, though. ;) Did you know that nowadays they have 'robot' dolls that cry and have to be fed/diapered/napped on a schedule or they freak out. Haha!

And, I truly have a brown thumb. The girls make fun of me often for how I kill plants. I don't feel that bad... I keep two very pretty little people growing and thriving. And so do you.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

LOL i actually came across a post of mine recently (in that link thing at the bottom) where i spoke about how I kill plants.....

:)

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!! i LOVE the look, but I hate the maintenance and the weeding!!! I keep thinking that maybe I'll come to love it???