Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

March 6, 2013

I'm Doing It!!!

I've been thinking about it since Mandy and Marcia did it last year:

Superhero Photo.

I watched them having so much fun with the online photo class.  I witnessed their joy in experimenting with their cameras.  And I marveled at the progression of their photography.

And I love the ensuing dialogue...the metaphors about photography and life.

Perfectionism can be paralyzing.

You often have to go through a lot of duds to find a jewel.

Don't be afraid to play!

Let your equipment do the work...cameras are equipped with auto functions for a reason...the hardest way is not always the best way.

Seek beauty.  It's not always there at face value.  Sometimes you have to lie on the floor...or climb a tree...or close your eyes to see it.

"Elevate the ordinary and explore the simple joy of creativity."

Heighten your awareness.  See the world in a new and different way.

Thanks to the incredibly thoughtful and extremely generous gift of a dear friend, and the encouragement of another, I'm doing it!!!

The class started on Monday.  It was a day of introductions, some housekeeping, and a bit of philosophy.  Yesterday was the first day I "officially" took any pictures. 

So far, here's my favorite.


Just a little glimpse into our game of life (or Candy Land, as the case may be).  :)

I'm so excited for this journey!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea! wahoo for you!!! :)

love all of those words of wisdom!! ESP the first one :) i think that is something that we have in common!!

...and i just played candyland for the first time in YEARS and was shocked at what the board looks like! has it always looked like that??

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

How fun! I am taking a photography class at the college nearest me. Super fun, but intimidating. Let me know how you like doing this. :)

Double the Giggles said...

Awesome! I'm a bit jealous. Can't wait to see your results on the blog!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Did you hear that????

I SCREAMED when I saw your GORGEOUS pic!!!!

That was well worth rolling around on the floor, right?

I'm SUPER excited!

And yes, I love how it talks to me (a recovering perfectionist).

Deanna said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see what all you are able to do with your camera. I almost signed up, but I am taking a different (not photography-related) class here in town right now, so I just couldn't handle it this time.

I hope you love it!

cat said...

Lovely shot. Enjoy

Mandy said...

This little bit of wonderfulness is just what I needed to see right now! I'm so glad you went ahead with it! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

What a fun picture and adventure!!! I'm quite jealous...for one - I'd LOVE a better camera (2) time to use it and (3) to take a fun photography class instead of one of the ones I'm taking right now!

Can't wait to see more photos! (I swear...most days i just skim blogs and comment based on which ones have pics that catch my eye! ha!)

Have fun and good luck, Mandy!

Mrs FF said...

That's such a lovely picture. Can't wait to see what you get up to during the rest of the course