Very thankful for a week filled with lots of fabulousness!
1) Last Friday night we grilled, and for the first time as a family of four, we ate our dinner on the patio. The girls had so much fun, and the best part – after grilled pineapple and ice cream for dessert – was running it off in the backyard, followed by a quick bath, and then falling into bed.
2) This week was “Teacher Appreciation Week”. Daddy got to leave school for lunch on Monday. The girls were beyond surprised to see him greet us in the parking lot of one of our favorite sandwich places.
3) We took an impromptu trip to the park on Tuesday. We were expecting rain Tuesday night, and it was really overcast and breezy…perfect for running and playing…and we had the place to ourselves!
4) By bedtime most days, the girls are very tired…which usually translates into wide-open silliness. At times it’s pretty challenging to get our bedtime story read, the girls are so squirmy. Most nights this week, though, the girls have been super snuggly. They’ve sided up to me on the bed, as closely as they could, to listen to me read. It sure makes for a sweet end to the day.
5) When the girls woke up from their nap on Thursday, I told them I had a surprise for them. They squealed with delight, and started bouncing and jumping and giggling like mad. They were ecstatic to make an impromptu trip to the orchard…where they bounced and jumped and giggled some more. Little delights like this make me think this has to the The Most Fun Age.
6) Friday morning the girls and I went to Panera to share a bagel for our mid-morning snack. We sat there for more than 30 minutes (and they would have stayed longer), watching the bulldozer and dump truck working in the parking lot. Great (and FREE) entertainment!
7) With the cooler weather much of this week, I decided to take the girls for a walk in their stroller. We’ve been walking hand-in-hand so much these past few months, but it was such a nice change of pace (to pick up the pace and) to traverse our old route.
8) The girls have been so sweet with their full-body hugs lately. I told them they were like little koalas. Baby B said one day, “I swung from a branch and I quickly gave my koala mommy a hug.”
9) I made Mexican casserole for the first time in several months. The girls will eat most anything, but they were particularly taken with this dish. They devoured it…they kept saying, “This is so good! Thank you for the nice meal, Mommy!”
10) One night before bed, Baby A was talking about what she was going to cook for her babies for breakfast. She kept mentioning “wuffles”. Daddy tried to correct her pronunciation, but I just had to shush him…”wuffles” is just too stinkin’ cute!
11) The girls have kept me entertained with some pretty wild pretend scenarios this week…going to Africa…going to space [“get your helmets!...we won’t be long, Mommy!”]…”I’m swimming with my dolphins in the sea…my bed is the sea, Mommy!” I absolutely never know what’s coming next.
12) I was cleaning the dishes from the table, when Baby A dropped her ponytail holder (or “pone”, as B calls it???). I had to laugh when I heard her exclaim, “Oh, dear!”
Loving this fabulous life with my baby girls!