All in all, our girls got over their virus pretty quickly. Thursday and Friday were kinda tough, but by Saturday we were almost back to normal. I’m very thankful for that, and for all the things that made this past week fabulous.
1) We went to lunch on Saturday, and Baby A grabbed a napkin and spread it out under her plate, like a placemat. Daddy and I cracked up…that’s what they’ve seen him do so many times for himself, and Baby A did it like it was just a normal part of her routine.
2) Sunday morning we made a quick decision to go to a park across town. We stopped and bought some bread to feed the ducks, and the girls loved seeing the ducks and geese up close. And I was so proud of them for not getting scared!
3) After we fed the ducks, the girls played on the playground equipment. They’re becoming master climbers. And although it can be the stuff of heart palpitations for their mama, they’re pretty fearless, too.
4) On Sunday afternoon, I taught the girls to snap beans. They did a pretty good job, and they were so proud of themselves! And of course they were excited to eat the fruits of their labor for supper that night.
5) Our beloved Miss Jennifer returned from her semester in England, and she came to visit on Wednesday. The girls were SO EXCITED to see her! They had to show her all their new tricks, and she had to give all their babies hugs. It only took a few minutes before they were crawling all over her, just like normal.
6) Baby A wrote her name for the first time this week! I honestly don’t know why I haven’t asked her to do that before…she can write most of her letters…but I finally thought to ask her to put them together. Proud Mama Moment!
7) On Thursday the girls and I had a super busy morning, but it was such a nice one. I treated them to a special snack at Panera (a bagel and milk), and then we went to Target. They pushed the cart, and did so well! We came home and took a walk, and then came inside for a bath. After lunch, they were more than ready for a nap!
8) Baby A is such a tender heart. She gets the funniest little voice when she sees a picture of an animal. “Awwwwwwwwwwwww. He’s so fweet!!!” in her tiny baby voice. It seriously melts my heart.
9) Baby B has been doling out the sweetest compliments lately. Out of the blue, she’ll say, “I love you, Sissy!” Or, “You’re so sweet, Mommy.” It just melts my heart, too.
10) Two words: new pajamas. I love-love-love seeing my baby girls all dressed for bed. I can’t help but call them “my little elves” when I see them trot down the hall ahead of me.
Hope you had plenty of fabulous in your week, too!