Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 20, 2012

Fab Stuff on a Friday!


Sometimes the few days after Hubby has been on vacation, home with us, can be challenging…getting back into the routine…playing zone defense instead of man-to-man.  I’m thankful we made the transition pretty well this week, and that I have lots of fabulousness to report!

1)      The girls have been really into their train set every day this week.  I love seeing them constructing it in different ways.  (And Mommy likes to play just as much as they do!)

2)      Baby A “made a computer” (out of two puzzle boxes).  I loved hearing the email she was dictating to our cat…”Dear Sasha, I hope you’re upstairs and I hope you’re staying well. 

3)      We had fun playing with plastic Easter eggs in the bathtub this week.  The girls experimented with making them float and sink, and watched the water drain out of the little holes in the ends.  They have talked about it every day since.

4)      Baby A has been into dressing up this week, and her outfit du jour just makes me laugh…a tutu, a too-big sunhat, and a “backpack” made from putting her arms through the straps of a purse.

5)      Baby B has been the Queen of Reminders lately.  She overheard her daddy reminding me to treat a stain on his shirt one morning.  Don’t forget to treat the stain, Mommy!  And another day, “Don’t forget to tell Daddy the lawn people haven’t come!  I actually welcomed the help on both occasions!

6)      We practiced using scissors for the first time in quite a while.  Both girls did really well!  They’re not cutting out shapes, by any means, but they can cut strips pretty proficiently.

7)      I had to laugh at B as she ran up to me one morning, holding a puzzle piece.  Quick question for ya, Mommy,” she rolled off her tongue.  I swear she sounded like a little business person!

8)      Baby A has long been a little kangaroo, jumping and hopping…and Baby B has finally joined the ranks.  She doesn’t get it right every time, but she can do some of the cutest little hops.  And I recorded Baby A forward jumping a good 18”…wow!

9)      On Thursday afternoon we had an impromptu park date with Daddy.  It was a gorgeous day and the girls had a blast.  Since our last park visit, they both scaled a jungle gym-type ladder, and they both spent some time in the big-kid swings.  We topped the afternoon off with a very rare Thursday night dinner out.

10)   The girls have been extra curious about the goings on in the kitchen as of late.  This morning I let them sit on the barstools on the other side of the island, and we played “cooking show” while I made breakfast.  It wasn’t my most efficient effort at cream of wheat, but they enjoyed it!

Hope you had a fabulous week, too!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

My girls do the purse as a backpack thing too! Addison packed her overnight bag so full of toys yesterday afternoon, she could hardly lift it. These girls... : )

Hope you have a great weekend!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

OH MY WORD, my favourite is the typing of the email. TOOO adorable!

Do you talk while you email? :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

PS Kendra seems to be following in my (very bad) footsteps - she is all of 2 and has about 3 handbags (besides the backpacks) LOL:

Unknown said...

How creative that she made a computer out of her boxes!

Great idea to play with the Easter Eggs in the tub!

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Doing Easter Eggs in the tub tomorrow... thanks, friend! May even fill them with different smelling soaps and little treats like those sponge-growing animals. :)