As I knew it would, this week absolutely flew by. It was truly a whirlwind, but one that was chock-full of so much super-wonderful-fabulous stuff…
1) We had a great trip to Alabama last weekend. It was not very stressful [speaking relatively to travelling with two, two-year olds], and we got to spend time with much of our family and several friends. The girls will remember the fun we had on this trip for a long, long time.
2) The girls got stuffed dolphins from a family friend. They are so soft, and they just love them. They named them Davey (at my suggestion), but instead of Willy, Baby A said hers would be Peter. I love her opinion, and her conviction!
3) I showed the girls a short youtube video of dolphins swimming. They were mesmerized, and they’ve had lots of fun letting their dolphins glide across the smooth leather couch.
4) The girls have had lots of fun this season making crafts, and I loved getting them involved in the gift-giving process. They were so proud to see their finger painting turn into bookmarks, and they loved pointing out the gift tags that adorned many of our gifts.
5) Miss Jennifer came over on Wednesday afternoon. She was so very sweet to bring a stack of holiday books from her childhood to read to them. And they were so excited to sing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” to her, which she started teaching them the prior week.
6) On Thursday we took the girls to the Opryland Hotel. It is truly amazing year-round, but it is particularly breathtaking during the holidays. The girls loved looking at all the decorations…the highlight for them was the gigantic hot air balloon (papier-mâché?), and riding the escalators (which had nothing to do with the holidays…HA!). And Mama got a lot of joy out of seeing them in their reindeer sweater dresses from last season.
7) We spent time on Christmas Eve morning with a friend of mine who has an almost-four-year old son and a six-month old baby girl. The girls were so well-behaved, playing with the little boy, and ooh-ing and goo-ing over the baby.
8) Late Saturday morning we delivered a few homemade goody baskets to some neighbors. I had made most of the deliveries the night before, by myself, but it was so fun to be able to do it as a family. The girls handed off the gifts with a “Merry Christmas!”, and then they sang a short song – “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” or “Jingle Bells”. They were so excited to go “caroling”!
9) The afternoon of Christmas Eve, we visited with an older neighbor lady, whom the girls call Grandma June. She had gotten some books out for the girls to look at, and they did a great job of “reading” and visiting, and they even performed a couple of songs.
10) Baby B has been using the word “incredibly” a lot this week. For example, she said one day, “I’d like to do a craft today…because it’s so incredibly nice to do crafts.” I need to try to get her on video doing one of her “explanations”…which are full of inflection, hand motions, and exaggerated expressions. HA!
I’m saving the fabulousness of Christmas for a separate post…it deserves it! Hope you and your family had a fantastic week – and of course, a fantastic holiday – too!