I’ve been doing a Fab 5 Friday post for eons now. Occasionally that turns into a Super 6 or 7 Saturday or Sunday.
I’m running a bit behind this week, though, and I just can’t come up with good alliteration for this Monday morning. Nonetheless, it was a pretty amazing week with my baby girls, and here are just a few of the reasons why…
1) We met my friend and former colleague Rebecca for lunch on Tuesday. The girls hadn’t seen her in a couple of months, but they warmed up right away. I love that their memories are so strong, they knew who she was and remembered things we talked about two months ago! And I love seeing her with them…she has grandchildren of her own, and she exudes all that wonderful warmth towards my babes.
2) Miss Rebecca gave the girls a set of Go Fish cards. They’re not exactly playing “Go Fish” with them, but they’ve had a great time lining them up, sorting them out, and naming all the different kinds of sea critters.
3) On Thursday we took the girls to Downtown Lights Up, when the Christmas lights are turned on for the first time. We got to the square just in time for the countdown. The girls clapped for the lights, and loved walked around (and around and around), listening to the choir sing and looking at everything aglow. And I loved seeing my babes toddle around in their cute little hats, dressed in so many layers they could hardly put their arms down.
4) On Friday I needed to go to the bookstore. It was a beautiful morning, and I decided to brave the outing with the girls on foot (not in a stroller). They did really well! I let them play with the train table in the bookstore (after which I sanitized their hands, of course). They even walked beside me – not holding my hands – on the way to the cash register. They behaved so well I decided to take them next door to the pet store. They squealed with delight in seeing all the fuzzy critters, and I think it made their week to pick out a toy for our kitty Sasha for Christmas.
5) We had occasion to wrap a couple of birthday presents this week. I let the girls “design” the wrapping paper (scribbles on drawing paper) and assist me with the tape. So all week they’ve been “wrapping” their toys in washcloths and blankets, giving them to each other and their baby dolls. So sweet.
6) We went to a birthday party for one-year old twins on Saturday. My girls just love these two sweet babies, and their parents. And A&B finally got to meet their puppy dogs…they were over the moon!
7) I love listening to the girls invent new games and pretend scenarios. I can often piece together parts of books they’re enacting. I had to laugh when B was getting a game plan together one day, “We’re going to the wishing well [from a book]…and then to the yogurt shop [a real-life wish, I imagine]…and then to the shore [also from a book…I promise my babies have not been watching Jershey Shore!].”
8) Both of the girls love to play tickles. They’ve started “tickling” their baby dolls and stuffed animals. Baby A gets the cutest look on her face when she says (of her baby / dog / the cat), “She’s a tickle-girl.”
9) And the quote of the week? Overheard, from Baby B: “I’m going to sit right next to my sissy. We’re sisters and we need to be together!”
10) [And just so I have an even 10…] The girls are having so much fun with the Christmas season. A separate post to come!
Hope you had a super...fabulous...awesome week, too!