So thankful for a fabulous week with my baby girls!
1) I bought the girls watercolors a couple of months ago, and I finally got brave enough to get them out this week. It was a bit of a challenge for them to get the order of things down…first water, then paint, then paper…but I was impressed at them using a paintbrush relatively proficiently. Plus, I discovered that the watercolors blend together much prettier than what eventually turns into a big brown mush of finger paint.
2) The girls are having so much fun exercising their new scissors. They don’t quite have the full technique, but they’re close. And I’ve been really thankful that they’re being pretty patient with themselves as they learn. (And I’m looking forward to this progression, as it will certainly take our crafting to new levels!)
3) We took the girls to lunch on Wednesday, to a locally-owned soup and sandwich shop where Hubby and I used to eat about once a week. The last time we ate there wasn’t very pleasant (not very fair, as the girls were just 18 months, but I was still psychologically scarred). This time was so effortless, though! We all ate a great lunch, and in the process, we discovered the girls have quite a passion for broccoli slaw. Who knew???
4) We had Miss Rachel and her hubby over for dinner this week, along with their 13-month-old twin girls. A and B were elated to learn they were coming. They immediately started taking certain toys out, “The babies will enjoy this!” “Can I sing a song for the babies?” And they even voluntarily straightened the rest of their toys in preparation. Maybe we should have company more often!
5) We so enjoyed celebrating the third birthday of our sweet twin friends K&S on Thursday! Their birthday party was a great play date, complete with story time, cupcake decorating, and lunch. The girls had so much fun!!! (And I might just brag on myself a bit that I took the girls by myself, and I only used four wet wipes, even through cupcake decorating and lunch…HA!)
6) And Baby A was so cute after we came home from the birthday party. “I just couldn’t believe cameras were there!” she said, talking about the kid-sized digital camera she was playing with.
7) I know I need to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get out of hand, but I have to laugh when I hear the girls correcting each other. Last night, A said to B, “ Don’t bang your feet. That’s not nice.” And B almost always reminds A, “Cover your mouth before you sneeze, Sissy!”
8) While it can drive me a bit batty, the girls are having lots of fun with what I describe as their version of Pig Latin. They’ll change Mommy to “Mom-pay” and Daddy to “Da-tay” for example. They only do it with names, but they think it is absolutely hysterical.
And what did I do for me this week???
I enjoyed a pedicure with three girlfriends!!! Two were running late, but they made up for it by bringing lattes for all of us! Bliss!!!
Hope you had a super-fabulous week, too!