Truly the most fabulous part of this past week was that Baby B was such a trooper during her bout with the stomach virus. Thankfully, it was short-lived, AND Baby A managed to escape its wrath.
In other fabulous news…
1) I was bound and determined to anniversary our trip to the local dairy farm during Hubby’s Spring Break last week. Baby B was finally well enough to go on Sunday afternoon, so the tradition continues. I asked the girls what their favorite part was on our way home. They were both chiming in, "...ice cream…and brownie…and pie…and cows…and puppy doggies…”
2) I have had a bag of Mega Bloks waiting for the girls to be old enough to play with them…and for a rainy day when the novelty of a new toy would really be welcome. Monday was that day, and the girls have been enamored with their blocks ever since. We’ve built so many robots, and choo-choo trains, and towers…we’re all having such fun. (I have to remind myself to let the girls play and not get lost in my own creations!)
3) The girls and I went to get our hair trimmed on Monday afternoon. The last several times, they’ve only gotten their bangs cut, but we decided to shape them up all the way around this time. It was almost surreal, seeing them get “real” haircuts…complete with their hair divided into sections with little clips. I can’t believe how big my babies are getting!
4) My sweet friend Jenny invited us to join her and her boy/girl twins – born exactly a week before A&B – to try out a brand-new bouncy station at their church on Tuesday afternoon. The girls had an absolute blast playing with their friends K&S. They ran and ran and ran and jumped and ran…but their favorite part had to be the slide. I love this picture, as it just captures the pure joy on Baby A’s face.
5) New sun hats and walking outside, hand in hand.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I met three friends on Saturday afternoon for a pedicure, which was just heavenly…and in perfect time to break out the flip-flops.
What one friend (the girls’ Aunt Karen) didn’t know was that the pedicure party was part of a scheme to keep her occupied for the day…in preparation for her birthday surprise party on Saturday night. I didn’t get to be part of the surprise, but once the girls were in bed, I joined in the “luau”, complete with grass skirts and tiki torches.
It was great spending time with my girlfriends, and of course celebrating Aunt Karen’s birthday!
[Thanks to Dolli-Mama for hosting the 52 Weeks of ME! Challenge...and reminding us to do a little something for ourselves each week. I think we deserve it!!!]