Even amid a bit of crazy, there’s still plenty of fabulous to go ‘round!
1) The girls were (sorta-kinda) singing “The Farmer and the Dell”. I was so proud of them, until I realized that Baby B was saying, “The farmer takes the wipes.” She is her mother’s daughter, as I sure do love my wet wipes!
2) A couple of times over the past several months, when I’d have a little one-on-one time with one of the girls, I’d ask if she wanted to look at a cookbook. We’d pile up in the living room, which is normally off-limits, and look at all the delicious pictures, pointing out fruits and veggies and forks and spoons. Lately cookbooks have been a bit of a fascination with the girls…particularly if they’re upset, they’ve been saying, “Wanna look at cookbook!”
3) On Saturday night, to celebrate our first day of potty training, we ordered a pizza. This was only the third time the girls have ever enjoyed this delicacy, yet they ate like seasoned pros. I don’t want to make a habit of it, but it sure was an awesome treat for us all.
4) During Week 1 of the Potty-capades, I’d vowed to stay at home. It’s been pretty easy, as we’ve had days upon days of rain…but on Tuesday afternoon, and again on Thursday, we were blessed with some sunshine. I chanced a 30-minute walk in the neighborhood with the girls, hand-in-hand, and it was WONDERFUL. The fresh air was fantastic, and the only “wet” was from stepping in a puddle!
5) Since it’s gotten a little warmer, I’ve been craving salad. Hubby and I have eaten a green salad with our dinners most nights this week, and I’ve given the girls about ¼ of a diced cucumber. They’ve gobbled it up, saying, “I love my salad!”
And what did I do for ME this week???
For the past three weeks, I’ve been getting up early on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to do a step aerobics workout, one that I haven’t done in at least a year. Most of my exercise for the past year has been with the jogging stroller, or an occasional solo jog. It’s been really nice to have a really intense cardio workout, all by my lonesome.
And (perhaps contrary to my working out!) I treated myself to a Dairy Queen Reese’s blizzard on Thursday night, also all by my lonesome. I had been thinking about that specific indulgence for days, and I thought I deserved it! And lemme tell you, it was some kinda good!
[Thanks to Dolli-Mama for hosting the 52 Weeks of ME! Challenge every week!]