Even amid the Potty-capades, I have to say we had a pretty fabulous week!
1) I never get enough of taking the girls to our favorite Mexican restaurant. They hadn’t been in a month or so, and they ate like they’d really missed it! And the icing on the cake? A man and his wife stopped by our table to comment on what well-behaved children we have. Pinch me now!
2) Several days this week the girls and I have gone for a walk hand-in-hand in the neighborhood. While I am still way too nervous to let go of their hands, even for a second, they’re doing such a great job…and they can walk quite a long way (about a mile!). Oh, and it doesn’t hurt my feelings when random people pull up beside us to tell me how cute the girlies are in their sunhats. :)
3) Looking at the weather forecast on Thursday afternoon, I thought it might be the last day for a while without rain. I decided to take the girls to get yogurt after their nap. We three shared a small cup, and then we went to Sam’s Club for some fresh fruit. We made our rounds there, and came home in time for a walk in the neighborhood. As we rounded the corner for home, Daddy had just pulled into the driveway, so we made the block again with him. Sweet, simple, healthy family fun makes my heart smile.
4) I counted Baby A as saying a nine-word sentence this week! (I didn’t write it down on time, so I can’t remember it exactly, but I do remember NINE words!) And Baby B said something that just struck me as funny. We were looking at a book together, and she said, “I see several chairs,” plain as day and so matter-of-fact. I dare say she has an old soul.
5) Baby A has been doing something the past couple of weeks that always makes me roll…she’ll get really serious and whisper something just barely audible. We were spending some quality time on the potty, me kneeling before her, and she was babbling the chorus to the “Witch Doctor” song. “Ooh, ee, ooh, ahh, ahh…” She paused, leaned in very close to me, and said – in all seriousness – “Ting.” [pregnant pause] “ Tang.” I just had to shake my head.
And what did I do for ME this week???
The girls and I were grocery shopping, and I happened to notice a display of cut flowers on clearance. I bought the most beautiful bouquet of tulips…just because. I pulled out a gorgeous crystal vase that we got as a wedding present, and I proudly displayed the flowers on the table for the better part of the week. It was such a nice break in the routine...and a reminder of how nice it is to invest in your surroundings.
***I’m soliciting thoughts and prayers as I plan to begin Potty Training 101(a) on Saturday!*** I’m both excited and nervous…but I trust that my trusty supply of chocolate will see me through, one way or the other.