Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 8, 2011

Fab 5 Friday...and ME!

Hubby has been on Spring Break this week, which is pretty fabulous in itself! We’ve jam-packed the week with numerous appointments and some fabulous family fun…I can’t believe it’s Friday already!

1) The weather has been pretty nice this week. The girls and I have gotten out for walks almost every day…AND Daddy has been waiting for us at home to help unbuckle strollers and take off shoes.

2) We went on a 170-mile round trip shopping adventure on Tuesday, and the girls did GREAT!!! It wasn’t exactly relaxing, but got all our errands accomplished with very minimal fuss, and I dare say we all had a pretty great time!

3) I carried Baby B to the dermatologist on Wednesday, as she’s really been struggling with dry skin. I was SO proud of her…her chin quivered a couple of times, but she didn’t cry even once! (That's a HUGE improvement over any doctor visit she's had in the past year, at least!!!)

4) When we were leaving the dermatologist’s office, I told B that she had been such a big girl that she deserved a lollipop from the basket on the reception counter (her first). She immediately said, “And Sissy!” (I love how the girls always look out for each other.)

When we got to the car, I unwrapped the lollipop, intending to let B have a couple of licks, like an ice cream cone. Instead she popped it right in her mouth, like she knew just what to do. I let her enjoy it for a minute or so before I told her we needed to go (and I ate the rest of it...hee hee).

I forgot about the second lollipop in my bag until we were putting the girls to bed that night. Out of nowhere, B exclaimed, “I had a lollipop!” I couldn’t help but laugh at my blabbermouth…and then I changed the subject quickly before I had to explain why we wouldn’t be sharing the other one before bedtime.

5) During our bedtime routine earlier in the week, Baby A began a little soliloquy. “I love you, Mommy…I love you, Daddy…I love you, Sissy…I love you, Sasha.” And then she finished it off by saying, “I am happy.” Melt.my.heart.

And what did I do for ME this week???

As part of my resolution to start dressing more nicely in and around the house, I spent some time…ALONE…shopping this week. I shopped for me, and only me. I can’t remember the last time I went to the mall and didn’t so much as browse through one of the children’s stores!

My shopping trip was rather fruitful. I scored three pairs of casual Capri pants, a couple of new sweaters, and several sundresses. I certainly wasn’t shopping for sundresses, but I couldn’t resist. I don’t expect to be wearing them around the house exactly, but they’ll be great for casual family dinners and jaunts to the yogurt shop this summer.

I think I’m standing up straighter already!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love hearing about your clothes shopping. Now tell me, will you be modelling your clothes on the blog? (yes, seriously - we'd love to see you looking all cute in your sundress :))

What was the outcome at the dermatologist?

Beth said...

Love that she got a sucker for Sissy! So sweet!
and the "I am happy"? absolutely precious!! Those girls are too adorable!
(sorry about all the exclamation points. it's a problem, I need help...)

MultipleMum said...

You are so strong with the lollipop! My two have been having them for a while now (the joys of older brothers!). Another fabulous week at Casa Trials and Triumphs!

PS I have Beth's exclamation point problem too!!!!!

Andrea said...

So glad the weather has been good! Poor B.....Molly had eczema pretty bad as a baby, but the ped said she should out grow it by 3. She still has some on the back of her arms, but it is so much better! So glad B did good! It makes it so much easier on us mommy's! I have to take Molly and Luke to the eye doctor next month for a prematurity follow-up. Hope they cooperate for him! I have been talking about it to them, so we will see! :) So very sweet B wanted to bring A Lollipop! Mine always have to get for each other too! I love that! I am really glad you got to have such wonderful ME time! Also glad you spent the time entirely on you!!! Way to go mommy! Have a fantastic weekend Mandy! Take care!

Mama Mama Quite Contrary said...

Shopping? Alone? That's cause for celebration!

Rebecca said...

Yaaaayyyyy for shopping!!! Awesome!

I, too, was shocked when Matt knew exactly what to do with a lollipop. Shocked!

Unknown said...

Yeah shopping! It's so easy to get destracted and start picking things out for your kids, good job staying focused on you!

LOVE that B wanted a lollipop for her sister. My girls had their first tast of popcicle this week because Mr. Mischief was eating one and gave them each a bite.

Onesie Mommy said...

Congrats on the shopping trip. Who says you can't wear your new sundresses around the house? Why not?? :)

Unknown said...

Yeah for shopping for YOU!!

And my heart would totally melt at all your sweet girl said, too!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~
April is Autism Awareness Month. I'm blogging all month for Autism Awareness.
www.barbaramanatee.blogspot.com

reanbean said...

So glad to hear that you enjoyed a nice week with hubby at home. Sounds as though you had a very fun and productive week. And how wonderful that you were able to shop and splurge a bit on yourself. You know we'll need to see some pics of you all dolled up in your new sundresses when the time comes to wear them! :o)