Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

February 11, 2011

Fab 5 Friday...and ME!

Lots of great stuff in this fabulous week!!!

1) On Friday, Miss Jennifer, a college student whose parents live in our neighborhood, came over for a couple of hours to play with the girls. (We’re planning to make it a weekly thing, to give the girls exposure to someone else…and to give this mama a little break – hallelujah!) The girls had a blast. When it was time for her to go, little Baby B’s lip even started to tremble.

2) Among other things, Miss Jennifer introduced them to the “Banana Phone” song. They’ve been holding their plastic banana to their ears and trying to sing it ever since…and I have to admit, it’s addictive!

3) On Saturday night, we took the girls out to eat. For the first time, we took their little forks and let them eat off real plates. They were such big kids!

4) On Wednesday, thanks to yet another snow day (we’re up to 14 this year...gah!), Daddy was home. We took the girls to lunch at our favorite sushi restaurant. We’ve been in the habit of going to dinner about once a week, but going out for lunchonce an every-other-day kinda habit – is now such a rare treat.

5) On Thursday, the girls having turned 25 months old, we finally let them outside to play in the snow a bit. I didn’t know how they’d react, but they couldn’t get enough of digging with their beach shovels, filling their sand pails. And when we’d had enough, they both slurped down a cup of warm milk faster than I think I’ve ever seen…it just made my heart smile.

And what did I do for ME this week???

One of my BFFs (Aunt Shanda) is playing Lady Capulet in the public theatre’s production of Romeo and Juliet. I went with another of my BFFs (Aunt Karen) to see her on Friday night, after the girlies were in bed. It was so nice to see an actual big-people production…and to enjoy a refreshment together downtown after the show. I felt like such a big girl, wearing my high-heeled boots and everything!

Photobucket

P.S. If I haven't said it lately, thanks so much to Dolli-Mama for hosting this awesome weekly challenge. It really makes me think about what I'm going to do for ME each week...and I think that's a good thing!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Yay, another sushi lover!!! I swear I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! Not hubby favorite so it's a VERY RARE treat for me anymore.

When the kids do something really sweet I'll tell them they make my heart smile. I've never heard anyone else say this until you... my heart is smiling!!!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I haven't been to a theatre production in a long time. Hubs and I have have enjoyed a few of those over the years! I need to look for something in my area.

Rebecca said...

So good to give them exposure to someone else! Smart girl you are!

Love your "PS" and totally agree...it makes it a priority!

Holla on the sushi!!!!!

Andrea said...

That is awesome that you have someone in your neighborhood to spend time with the girls! Especially someone that probably enjoys the time as much as the girls do! Love that they got to play in the snow! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

14 snow days!?!?! whoa!! we've had 4 and i was thinking that was a lot!

Glad the girls had fun playing in it though! my kiddos have fun shoveling, sledding and making snow angels :-)

Jeremi said...

the banana phone put a smile on my face : ) such a fun stage!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

14 is a lot!

Although I'm sure you're not complaining if Daddy is around. What do you call him in front of the kids? Just start thinking... - I'll write a post :)

I feel a bit guilty to do the 52 weeks challenge because the truth is I've always prioritised self-care but maybe I should start sharing the little and big things I do to encourage others. It isn't always a massage or something big that makes the difference.

And I know you, so I know how big it is for you to have a Miss Jennifer ... so glad the girls love her!

Unknown said...

What a great week! Going to a play sounds like so much fun, it's been a while since I've done that. Oh, to wear high-heeled boots! Pretty awesome!
Thank you for the link love!