Here are just a few examples of why my week was fabulous...
1) I’m trying to find small opportunities for the girls to “practice” being outside their stroller in public. On Friday, I took them to the bank to make a quick transaction. I could have easily gone through the drive-through, but I thought it was a safe environment for practice…the bank isn’t that big, so how far could they run?!! They did great...they held my hands in the parking lot and walking in, and they stood close to me when I needed to sign the withdrawal slip. Of course the stickers that the bank teller gave them helped to occupy their little hands…but I still consider it a great success!
2) On Saturday night we took the girls to one of our favorite dives, a little “shabby-chic” place that makes fantastic sandwiches and homemade pizzas with mostly organic ingredients. It just so happened there was an Indie band (I think you’d call them???) playing. It wasn’t exactly my cup of tea, but the girls were jamming in their high chairs. Between that and the awesome pizza we shared, we had a fantastic evening.
3) We took advantage of the weather on Sunday, with temperatures in the 50’s, and took the girls to the park. It had been such a long time, but they remembered exactly which slide was their favorite. And it was so much fun to see how much easier they run – and kick the soccer ball! – versus our last visit in late fall.
4) Baby B had a little cold the first of the week, and I took her temperature a couple of times. Every time since then when she’s woken up – in the mornings and after naptime – she’s pointed to her bum and emphatically said, “No temperature!” It’s kinda pitiful, but just too cute.
5) Baby A made me laugh on Thursday. She was walking around, asking questions (to herself, I guess), “Where [Baby A’s] purse?” And then she would answer loudly, in a fit of giggles, “I don’t know!!!!!”
And what did I do for ME this week?
I slipped out during naptime on Sunday for some frozen yogurt. (I can’t get enough of that stuff lately!) Temps were in the 50’s, so I put on my flip-flops and my sunglasses, opened the sunroof and turned up the music. I cranked the heat up in the car – which always feels a bit wasteful – but it was so nice to “pretend” it was spring, at least for a few minutes!
And last, but certainly not least, a big THANK YOU to Julia at Pontifications of a Twin Mom for passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to me!!! (Perhaps she saw me sporting my sunglasses and flip-flops, my hair blowing in the breeze...HA!) Julia's beautiful twin girls just turned one yesterday. Julia is a great writer, and a very inspiring mom, and I am so glad to have "met" her over the past couple of months.