By some accounts it’s been a pretty un-fabulous week, as Baby A has had the flu…but there’s still been plenty of fabulousness to even it all out…
1) We have a resident bunny in the backyard that we have been able to spy several afternoons this week. The girls lined up some of their plastic vegetables – like a lettuce leaf and a carrot – on the windowsill in case the bunny got hungry.
2) The girls have learned their days of the week! They are pretty good with Monday through Thursday. It usually takes a little prompting to get the other days, “What day comes after Thursday?” but they can eventually get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, too!
3) I gave the girls a couple of washcloths to use as “potholders” in their kitchen. They serve as potholders, and diapers for their babies, to name a few uses. A couple of times I observed Baby A wiping surfaces – like the couch – saying, “Clean it!” I love that child!
4) Completely unsolicited, Baby A has told B a couple of times, “Love you, [Baby B]!” Melt.my.heart.
5) The girls have started to name their stuffed animals. I think it’s so cute to see them distinguish between identical puppies, for example. One is Snoopy, and one is Sammy…and ne’er the twain shall meet.
And what did I do for ME this week?
I have a pretty steadfast rule that I finish books once I start them. I will confess that I bought this particular book – about the different cultures within rural India – a full 14 years ago. I’ve read the first chapter several times, but I have never been able to continue. (It’s very interesting, but not exactly a page-turner.)
I set out a few weeks ago to read the book, once and for all. I’m about 2/3 of the way through it…but…I got the new John Grisham book for Christmas. I could stand looking at its shiny, untouched cover no longer. I set the Indian account aside (temporarily, I swear!) and dug into the Grisham novel.
Aaahhh…the beautiful sound of pages turning at a rapid pace! It may be a stretch to most to think of this as a guilty pleasure, but it sure feels like one to me! :)