It doesn’t take much to make for a fabulous week in my book!
1) Friday was Baby A’s first fever-free day last week, and it just so happened that Daddy was home for another Snow Day. We celebrated with a batch of waffles, the girls’ first. I had been looking for an opportunity to make them since the girls have a plastic waffle in their assortment of play food, but they’d never actually tasted the buttery goodness for themselves.
2) Late last week I started playing a little game with the girls, asking their stuffed animals what they could see out the window. “Grass?...Yes!” “A fence?...Yes!” “A giraffe?...No!” As part of this game, we talked about mulch. The girls must have loved that word, as they were pretty fascinated with pointing out mulch for a couple of days…until it snowed and they could no longer see it. They were pretty disturbed. It was a little sad, but also pretty funny!
3) We have a new Page-A-Day calendar this year, featuring snapshots of cats. The girls discovered it, and they ask every morning to see the “kitty cat cawendar”. It has become a treat for me to show them the picture while they drink their milk at breakfast, lunch, and during snack. I tell them the kitty’s name and which state she’s from, and usually by the end of the day they’ve got it down.
4) The girls love playing “paper-markers”, as they call it. We use washable markers, but they don’t always come off with just a wipe. A couple of times I’ve held the girls over the kitchen sink and helped them wash their hands with soap and water. They seem to feel like rock stars. And my guess is that the water tickles their hands, as they laugh like little nuts the whole time!
5) I’m not sure how this came about, but the girls have started requesting that their daddy sing “Found a Peanut” every night before bed, while I get their toothbrushes ready. The funny thing is that they don’t want me to sing…only Daddy! And even funnier is that he declared long ago to me how much he hates that particular song.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I have been CRAVING frozen yogurt from a new self-serve place in town that has all sorts of yummy toppings. The girls and I were going there about once a week back during the fall, but it’s been so cold the past few weeks that it didn’t seem right to bundle them up, only to freeze their core with a frozen treat.
On yet another of Hubby’s Snow Days this week, I slipped out during naptime to satisfy my craving. I did feel a little silly, traipsing through the SNOW, but I sure enjoyed that cup of yogurt…topped with Snickers crumbles and hot fudge (since it was cold outside, ya know?).