Yesterday I posted some reflections about the year 2010, as well as projections of what I'd like to improve in 2011 in the "Baby" category. Today, "Me" stuff...
The girls were born in January 2009. That was obviously an amazing start to the year, but I felt like I was running most of the year just to keep up. In 2010, I more or less got my groove back…or more accurately, created a new groove. There are several things that I’m pretty proud of, things I want to continue to build upon…
· Hubby and I have been spending more time together, even if it’s just to watch a DVR’d TV show after the girls are in bed. We finally discovered that we can get a “house sitter” to come over after the girls are in bed, allowing us to go out for a late dinner. We’ve been doing that about once a month, and it’s heavenly.
· I’ve done a pretty good job of keeping up with my friends in town, even if it means a late night or a missed weekend nap in order to meet for coffee.
· As we transitioned the girls away from baby food early this year, I’ve been cooking…a lot. I try to limit processed foods when possible, and we’ve definitely been eating much healthier. I love nothing more than seeing my refrigerator stocked with home-cooked meats and veggies, and my counter and produce drawer overflowing with fresh fruit.
· Although due to the girls’ schedule I’ve gotten away from any type of aerobics routine (which I miss!), I’ve done a pretty good job of exercising in some form of fashion. I walk or jog probably four times a week.
· I’ve gotten back into reading more this year, and that just makes me feel like “me”.
· In partnership with my friend Jenny, whose B/G twins are exactly one week older than A & B, we started a Mothers of Multiples group for our area. I’ve made some awesome friends – ones who really “get it” – and we look forward to continuing to grow the club this year.
· I started this blog almost a year ago. I’ve sure enjoyed the creative outlet, and I’ve made even more awesome friends – who also “get it”!
· My email box is OUT.OF.CONTROL!!! I have got to be more disciplined about clearing out my box each day / week…and in turn I hope I can improve my follow-up, too.
· Clutter / filing. I’ve been working on this one already, realizing that I spend 97.5% of my waking hours in the kitchen / den area, and I feel so much better when it’s clutter-free. I do a decent job on a day-to-day basis, but I need to get better about monthly filing and especially SHREDDING.
· Pictures / scrapbooking. I am disciplined when it comes to monthly editing and printing, but I am SO BEHIND on putting my printed pictures in albums…and I don’t even want to think about how far behind I am on scrapbooking. This is a big one for me…I really enjoy scrapbooking, and I want to find a way to dedicate time to this hobby.
· Camera / Photoshop. We invested in a great camera before the girls were born, and I L-O-V-E it. Sadly, though, I rarely use it out of “auto” mode. I bought myself a how-to book specific to my camera model, and – mark my words – I’m gonna figure this puppy out this year! Likewise, I invested in nice a nice software package for photo and video editing…but it’s never been out of the box. The camera is my first priority, but this one is a close second.
· While I stay in pretty good touch with my in-town friends, as well as a couple of friends from “home”, I would like to do a better job of staying in touch with out-of-town friends. This year I am bound and determined to meet Alison’s baby in person, and I would also like to make arrangements to see at least one friend from high school during the year.
· Finally, and most shamefully, I must admit I am addicted to SUGAR. I cannot resist the likes of candy corn, and sugar orange slices, and conversation hearts. In reality, I have very little willpower, so I must do a better job of limiting my candy purchases. I’ve also found it helps if I brush my teeth immediately after I put the girls to bed, as that’s an almost-sure way for me to limit my sugar sins.
Whew, again! I’ve compiled quite a list…I’m tired just typing it! (And if you’ve actually made it through reading this, I should reward you with a Starbucks gift card or something!)
I have quite a few things I want to work on, but I know they’re areas that will make my life easier and more enjoyable.
Once again, here’s to a great 2011!