My fabulous week in review:
1) I was working in the kitchen one day while the girls were playing in the den. I sneezed, and – unprompted – Baby B said, “Bess!” As in, “Bless you!” I could hardly believe my ears.
2) Baby A has invented a sign for “race”. She asks to “race” across the den several times a day. Mommy is her most willing contender, though, as Baby B finds the whole thing too funny…and it’s hard to race when you’re doubled over, laughing.
3) On Saturday morning, we went downtown to one of our favorite coffee shops. The girls ate a snack of milk and crackers while Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a late breakfast. It’s so much fun to think about truly “hanging out” there in a couple of years, maybe playing a board game with the girls while we enjoy some coffee and watch the cars go by.
4) I make roasted chicken or beef quite frequently, usually with carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions. The girls have had onions as part of other dishes (like split pea soup), but never as a vegetable unto themselves. I decided to let them try some roasted onion, served alongside potatoes and carrots. After one taste, the girls scouted out all the other hunks of onion and started asked for more “unyi”!
5) The girls and I conned Daddy into singing “I’m a Little Teapot” with us after dinner on Thursday. They got such a huge kick out of Daddy’s rendition (and I don’t think my husband has ever been more attractive!).
It doesn’t take much to realize it’s the little things that make this life of ours so fabulous!