I honestly can’t believe that it’s Friday already…this fabulous week went by so quickly! I guess time flies when you’re having fun (and running at breakneck speed after a couple of silly girlies!)!
1) After months of saying “Bye-bye!” at bedtime, the girls are finally [sorta-kinda] saying “Night-night!” To hear their sleepy little voices say “Nigh-nigh!” as they’re all cuddly and clean in their sleeper blankets…it seriously melts my heart.
2) I imagine that requests (demands?) for specific attire won’t always be so cute, but a couple of days this week, Baby B has just had to wear a “dess” (dress). She’s really had it set in her mind, and who am I to deny dressing my girlies up in some frills???
3) Baby A cut her fourth and final canine tooth this week. I hope this brings my poor baby girl some relief from her incessant drooling – and resultant rash-y face – soon!
4) Throughout the day on Thursday, Baby A kept inviting me to sit in a particular spot, even if I was only a foot away from her. She would pat the floor, or the couch, and say, “Mommy?” She was so pleased when I would scoot over to her. And several times, as she was sitting in my lap, she patted my leg and said, “Sssss!” (Sissy), asking Baby B to join us for a story. Baby B would come toddling over, and everybody was quite happy.
5) The girls have been into squealing this week. Although it can be a little on the ear-piercing side, we’ve had some fun with it. Baby A might start, and Baby B will laugh…then B will squeal, and A will laugh…back and forth…again and again…until we’re all laughing at each other. And there’s nothing like a good tickle-party to punctuate a squeal-fest.
To borrow a line from the Golden Arches…I’m lovin’ it.